Jump to content

possibly happening in September...?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, but an even higher chance of it going ahead.  These Glasto boards on Efest reek of dramaqueening. 

I’m in. Is this what is being asked? If it’s cold I’ll put a fleece on. If it’s cold at night I’ll take two sleeping bags. It’s it rains it’s no different to a rainy day in June. F

We could have an answer to this by Christmas Day.  The current licence allows for one festival per year, with sale of alcohol allowed from 1st June until the Monday following the festival.  There are

Posted Images

Just now, dentalplan said:

I doubt Emily lied about there being no plans for it happening in September.

Maybe like pretty much the entire world right now there’s been a u-turn.

Just like with Stevie Wonder she might not be lying, but circumstances might be changing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Maybe like pretty much the entire world right now there’s been a u-turn.

Just like with Stevie Wonder she might not be lying, but circumstances might be changing.

There was a very public denial of it happening in September six weeks ago. I don't think she'd have done that unless rescheduling was completely off the table - it wasn't exactly necessary to debunk that rumour if it was at all a possibility.

Edited by dentalplan
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@WhoOdysseyhas heard from a source who leaked the R&L headliners that Glastonbury is looking at a move to September due to the uncertainty and they’ve suspended their booking process for 2021 (if I read that right).

Yeah that's it. I'll ask again soon, but it feels like to me that it's cancelled outright but not going to be announced yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There was a very public denial of it happening in September six weeks ago. I don't think she'd have done that unless rescheduling was completely off the table - it wasn't exactly necessary to debunk that rumour if it was at all a possibility.

Yeah but who is seriously going to care? If it’s become apparent recently that a June festival is 90% likely to get cancelled maybe they’ve rethought some previous plans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah but who is seriously going to care? If it’s become apparent recently that a June festival is 90% likely to get cancelled maybe they’ve rethought some previous plans.

If it’s 90% cancelled in June then it’s 90% cancelled in September IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Edibles said:

If it’s 90% cancelled in June then it’s 90% cancelled in September IMO

If they can delay the set up to July / August I reckon it might save the festival.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah but who is seriously going to care? If it’s become apparent recently that a June festival is 90% likely to get cancelled maybe they’ve rethought some previous plans.

No what I mean is that her saying it seems to indicate that it's a definite no. Like it's something that has been considered and thrown out, probably because they're also of the mindset that if it's not happening in June then it isn't in September.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, don’t mean to be rude but as Emily has firmly ruled this out, I don’t think this rumour has any weight behind it... even the person that said it doesn’t think it’s true. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

No what I mean is that her saying it seems to indicate that it's a definite no. Like it's something that has been considered and thrown out, probably because they're also of the mindset that if it's not happening in June then it isn't in September.

Yeah and I get that but things are moving so fast at the moment.

Right now there’s evidence that early summer might be too close to call - but way more likely that a vaccine might be distributed by the end of the year.

I think buying a few more months might swing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah and I get that but things are moving so fast at the moment.

Right now there’s evidence that early summer might be too close to call - but way more likely that a vaccine might be distributed by the end of the year.

I think buying a few more months might swing it.

I'm saying she likely ruled it out firmly on August 30th because it was still going to be true on October 20th.

Times ARE moving fast, and things WILL have changed, but to rule out a backup option at that point indicates that it is a non-starter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I'm going to a do tomorrow evening where ME is speaking. If I get a chance I'll ask him about September.

is that the one thats being broadcast .... 6pm ? will look out for you :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I used to think that a couple of months could make all the difference. Now, given all the mood music around how long it will take to vaccinate the wider population, I just can't see it happening next year at all.

I wonder if being able to vaccinate most of the vulnerable by that point, combined with the (hopefully) lower numbers in the summer months will mean the government are happy to let big events go ahead on the basis that its people's choice whether to attend such events. With it being summer and if the vulnerable have been vaccinated, we should be looking at very low hospital admissions and strain on the NHS. 

The entire hospitality industry is on its knees already. If summer gets cancelled again then there's no hope. 

Perhaps they'll bring in quarantine for those who have attended festivals or similar? No idea on the feasibility or whether it'd do any good. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Yeah that's it. I'll ask again soon, but it feels like to me that it's cancelled outright but not going to be announced yet

Thought I saw today they had confirmed traders are rolling over to next year? So I don't think it's been cancelled right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

End of September would be a dodgy time of year to hold it, from a weather perspective. If they did it at all, I think it would be early September, and if the country is in such a state they can't hold big festivals at the end of June, I don't see that it provides much more security to them to plan just ten weeks later.

I think if it doesn't happen in June, we're looking at a 2022 return, if they can afford it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they actually did want to move to September then the availability of acts is going to be thrown up into the air. There are a lot of north american fests in Sept alone now and going into Oct that would remove a lot of talent off the books. Anyone going to say that Bonnaroo, Austin City Limits and Coachella ( looking strongly  for an  early October 2021 move btw ) wouldnt have swallowed up enough talent with the head starts they already have? Thats not even including Primavera Sound Los Angeles, Life Is Beautiful in Vegas, Riot Fest in Chicago and iHeart which is also in Vegas who gets a lot of mainstream/major label acts. So yeah, September is a bad idea to even consider due to a whole other continent having its go at everyone already. 

 

And Reading/Leeds will have just happened so whatever acts that end up there have likely already booked their post festival commitments. Even End Of The Road would have a few acts that Glasto would book.

 

If Emily is going to throw in the towel then its for 2022 and not late 2021.  I dont even wanna hear this right now either. 😫

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I doubt Emily lied about there being no plans for it happening in September.

me too, or the top bod who contacted me 12 hours before emily tweeted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...