When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Have you got any reason to believe that this is actually caused by fear and not just people being reluctant to splash out for some heavily watered down experience though? I’d happily go to a normal gig tomorrow if the restrictions were lifted, but why would I pay £30 to go to a gig where everyone’s wearing a face mask and you need to stay 1m away? 

Well it's a comedy show, so it's seated, so distancing doesn't have a huge impact on the experience. Plus the artist had said there were a lot of returns - so people who already had tickets, deciding not to go. And in the past few weeks, not immediately after they changed the date (so feasibly people may not have been able to make it).

It could still be people choosing not to go as they didn't want to wear a mask I guess? And had held off getting a refund in the hope rules would change by then? But that's also countered by the fact this was planned as the last ever live show they do, so for fans it's not just a matter of, oh lets wait until the next one after the pandemic.

Obviously I can't prove it - but I'd lean towards it being COVID hesitancy rather than anything else. 

53 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Aussies gonna Aussie 

At the weekend, my hairdresser said that they were vaccinating anyone of any age or condition with AZ if they enquired. So today I did, and a lady on the end of the phone said all I had to do was sign a risk disclaimer and I could get it. 

I booked my appointment for 1:25pm and when I arrived, my details were checked, my second jab was booked and I was ushered into a booth. The AZ vaccine was right there. Inches from my arm. 

Then the nurse consulted a doctor because I wasn’t in the officially eligible group. The doctor refused me a vaccine. The appointment calendar was wide open - anyone could get one if they wanted it. They’re literally throwing AZ vaccines away at the end of each day. But I was refused. 

Australia did such a world-leading job at keeping Covid at bay, but their vaccination rollout is a shit show. 

32 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Well it's a comedy show, so it's seated, so distancing doesn't have a huge impact on the experience. Plus the artist had said there were a lot of returns - so people who already had tickets, deciding not to go. And in the past few weeks, not immediately after they changed the date (so feasibly people may not have been able to make it).

It could still be people choosing not to go as they didn't want to wear a mask I guess? And had held off getting a refund in the hope rules would change by then? But that's also countered by the fact this was planned as the last ever live show they do, so for fans it's not just a matter of, oh lets wait until the next one after the pandemic.

Obviously I can't prove it - but I'd lean towards it being COVID hesitancy rather than anything else. 

On this particular show it was always sold distanced and masked- I bought the tickets back before Christmas for February.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Would be good to know the ages and health conditions of patients, as well as their vaccination status. If these are older people, or those with medical conditions, who have not yet had the vaccine then I guess there is no real cause for concern, as we know Covid can make people in these categories very ill. 

Just now, st dan said:

Would be good to know the ages and health conditions of patients, as well as their vaccination status. If these are older people, or those with medical conditions, who have not yet had the vaccine then I guess there is no real cause for concern, as we know Covid can make people in these categories very ill. 

Yeah that's important to know

The answer could give the government their opening for the vaccine passports everywhere or even stoking huge division by only letting areas open up when they hit a certain % of vaccinations (something a town like Bolton could really do without considering it goes beyond the vaccine into racial tensions).

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Hard to see Bolton not being locked down regionally at the moment

Would only work if it was the whole of greater Manchester, perhaps even the North West, to avoid it just spreading elsewhere. Its probably best to keep it open to be honest...

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Yep, that is vital to know. If they are oldies who refused the vaccine or have only had one dose then it is less worrying.

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yep, that is vital to know. If they are oldies who refused the vaccine or have only had one dose then it is less worrying.

To be fair even if its people who are older and fully vaccinated, it's only a preview of what winter will look like and it could be good for planning. This was always going to happen with any resurgence of the virus with non-100% vaccines anyway, even in small percentages. 

Outcomes matter too - if it reduces their needs to what somebody younger would need (oxygen, couple of nights) then it's different to if its severe like it would've been pre vaccination. 

Maybe it'll make them expand nhs capacity for winter in terms of nightingale style places for the non critical patients who judt need oxygen (with means to transfer to critical if needed) to take some pressure off. - my biggest concern has always been lockdowns or heavy restrictions in winter just because the NHS can't cope with the absolute number who end up needing some hospital treatment. I only hear "vaccination" and not "capacity" 

The good news is I can no longer whinge on about having a ticket to the final of the Euros, being that I no longer have a ticket to the final of the Euros (we lost out in the ballot).

What an incredibly unlikely sequence of events (getting a ticket at the cheapest tier to the final then there being an international pandemic that's due to run out just after the final!).

10 minutes ago, Homer said:

The good news is I can no longer whinge on about having a ticket to the final of the Euros, being that I no longer have a ticket to the final of the Euros (we lost out in the ballot).

What an incredibly unlikely sequence of events (getting a ticket at the cheapest tier to the final then there being an international pandemic that's due to run out just after the final!).

Bad news mate.

We got tickets to two group games, had Scotland tickets refunded and awaiting news on the Czech Rep game.

37 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Would only work if it was the whole of greater Manchester, perhaps even the North West, to avoid it just spreading elsewhere. Its probably best to keep it open to be honest...

I've always wondered why we don't vase local lockdowns on the governments Travel To Work Areas.

Maps literally outlining where people travel the most. Surely they'd be more effective in actually stopping transmission.

https://ons.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=397ccae5d5c7472e87cf0ca766386cc2

9 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Bad news mate.

We got tickets to two group games, had Scotland tickets refunded and awaiting news on the Czech Rep game.

I wish you luck! It's a bit like everything during this pandemic really - doesn't really seem worth moaning/worrying about!

8 minutes ago, sisco said:

My mate has just been told he’s been successful in keeping his QF tickets in Munich!! Not sure how that’s going to work.

My bro and some mates were going to go to Munich but they got a refund. If your mate has never been before, Munich may well be the best city break I've ever been on. Assuming he likes beer, sausages, meatballs and cheese.

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

My bro and some mates were going to go to Munich but they got a refund. If your mate has never been before, Munich may well be the best city break I've ever been on. Assuming he likes beer, sausages, meatballs and cheese.

Yep great City. Did the Champions League final in 2012. Great day out.

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Yep great City. Did the Champions League final in 2012. Great day out.

You a Chelsea fan? I poke to my friend the other day, she has got herself sorted for Porto. Said despite everything, it's still costing her less than Munich did!

20 minutes ago, sisco said:

My mate has just been told he’s been successful in keeping his QF tickets in Munich!! Not sure how that’s going to work.

Munich is nice. Have only been there twice, but nice. Great beer and food. A little on the expensive side. Situation should be under control by summer, so should be a lot of fun too.