When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

46 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

To be honest the only areas of Spain I've been to that weren't complete dives were the areas that were Brits abroad enclaves like Salou, Benidorm and certain parts of the islands.

One time I went to Valencia. Never again.

Salou is the biggest shit hole I’ve ever been to. 

Is anyone else getting frustrated with the reporting on the reduced efficacy of one dose of the vaccines against the Indian variant? The reduction in the PHE report is in preventing symptomatic infection - that has never been the overriding goal of the vaccines, which is instead the reduction of severe infection (hospitalisation) and death, which likely will still be strong enough to reopen on 21 June. 

Valencia is awesome - favourite place in Spain. Is the third largest city in the country so there's loads to do in the evenings and some really good clubs (including indie ones), but is also on the coast so you can sit ion the beach all day. Best of both worlds. There's some really nice tapas bars there too.

Oh, there's a really good gay club that only plays 80s music too.

8 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Is anyone else getting frustrated with the reporting on the reduced efficacy of one dose of the vaccines against the Indian variant? The reduction in the PHE report is in preventing symptomatic infection - that has never been the overriding goal of the vaccines, which is instead the reduction of severe infection (hospitalisation) and death, which likely will still be strong enough to reopen on 21 June. 

Big parts of the public still think getting covid is inherently bad

Surge testing in my postcode area: “From Wednesday, residents over age of 12 in several postcodes will be asked to book a PCR test. 
It's after several cases of the Indian variant of coronavirus were identified.”

Apparently all residents are being "strongly encouraged" to go to a mobile test site. Guess that’s my lunch break plans sorted.

I’m meant to be going into my office on Friday for a team meeting. Common sense says I shouldn’t travel the 25 miles there but if I test negative it should be fine? Also, obviously you can’t get covid if you work in an office (according to our government 😉).

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Surge testing in my postcode area: “From Wednesday, residents over age of 12 in several postcodes will be asked to book a PCR test. 
It's after several cases of the Indian variant of coronavirus were identified.”

Apparently all residents are being "strongly encouraged" to go to a mobile test site. Guess that’s my lunch break plans sorted.

I’m meant to be going into my office on Friday for a team meeting. Common sense says I shouldn’t travel the 25 miles there but if I test negative it should be fine? Also, obviously you can’t get covid if you work in an office (according to our government 😉).

Well hopefully you'll be one of the areas they test actually financially supporting isolation or its another pointless exercise 

2 hours ago, Homer said:

I much prefer Munich personally. Berlin is very disparate, maybe because of the former divide, there's no obvious focal point for going out! I went on a boozey weekend to both though. If you're after history, I'm sure Berlin offers more (I need to go back and do that side of it properly with the wife).

I’ve spent quite a bit of time in Munich for work over the past decade - love the place. Actually really missed visiting since the start of COVID 😔

Haven’t visited Berlin as often but from what I have seen, despite being the capital Berlin is grimier and grungier - Munich is quite grand and stately. 

The only other German city I’ve seen much of was Düsseldorf - also a nice place to visit. 

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

It's official: I was right about North Korea, I was right about the European Constitution, I was right about the congestion charge, and by God I think I'm right about Munich being better than Berlin.

Just a shame you've mucked up the Euro tickets hey 😉 

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Advisory is different to being forced to do something because of rules.

Yes it is, they've still enacted local measures like they did last summer. We've heard cautious but irreversible a lot recently, I thought they would stick to it.

17 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Do people actually plan on traveling to Bolton ? Surely not ?   Its the sort of place you stumble into and then move quickly on from surely ? 

True story, I got diverted a few years back when the M6 had an accident and stopped in Bolton and found the BEST sandwich shop I've ever eaten at. Can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

I loved Cologne 🙂  Totally agree 🙂 

Also great Theme Park near by called Phantasialand  😄 

Was an activity leader in Europe for a few Summers about 7 years ago, so I got paid (!) to go here at least two or three times - had an absolute blast every time.