When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just got our local surgery invite to book our 2nd jabs. Thurs 3rd June, that'll be exactly 11 weeks since our 1st. Gotta believe that our daughter will finally have her wedding end of Sept 21, 18 months later and 3rd time of rearranging; must start working on my speech 😎👰🏼🥂

Just now, oneeye said:

Just got our local surgery invite to book our 2nd jabs. Thurs 3rd June, that'll be exactly 11 weeks since our 1st. Gotta believe that our daughter will finally have her wedding end of Sept 21, 18 months later and 3rd time of rearranging; must start working on my speech 😎👰🏼🥂

The words its finally happened will never ring more true .... 

16 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

numbers of cases dont appear to be sky rocketing with inside mixing yet ... perhaps a few days too early ....?

Probably is early, but the signs currently are looking good I'd say 🙂 there have been tiny increases of a few hundred whereas I seem to remember it picking up speed much more quickly before, probably testament to the vaccine rollout 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

My bro and some mates were going to go to Munich but they got a refund. If your mate has never been before, Munich may well be the best city break I've ever been on. Assuming he likes beer, sausages, meatballs and cheese.

I've heard Berlin is the best in Germany to visit. One of the best in Europe actually but how true I can't compare.

23 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Green list expected to be significantly ramped up from 7th June including Spain and other European countries. Over 100,000 Brits will ignore guidance and holiday in Spain as early as this week. 

Fair enough to them but that can't be at the expense of things here

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I've heard Berlin is the best in Germany to visit. One of the best in Europe actually but how true I can't compare.

I much prefer Munich personally. Berlin is very disparate, maybe because of the former divide, there's no obvious focal point for going out! I went on a boozey weekend to both though. If you're after history, I'm sure Berlin offers more (I need to go back and do that side of it properly with the wife).

13 minutes ago, Homer said:

I much prefer Munich personally. Berlin is very disparate, maybe because of the former divide, there's no obvious focal point for going out! I went on a boozey weekend to both though. If you're after history, I'm sure Berlin offers more (I need to go back and do that side of it properly with the wife).

12 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I agree with this point.  If you are there just for the booze then Munich is better.

I like to take it nice buildings, canals and rivers plus to food. The history I'm not majorly into. It's there, I'm not bothered how it got there Haha.

I think both will be better than Dortmund anyway. Not too much to write home about there.

Edited by thewayiam

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

Absolutely. Munich is more like our towns here, but it is also quiet unique and has many green places. Hamburg is nice too. With its surrounding it reminds me a bit of the UK Norfolk side. It also has a nice cultural underground side, good bands come from there and they have great Astra beer.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Its usually about how it got blown up and then rebuilt 😛 

Yeah I kinda just take interest in the building, take a photo and move on. Be interesting to compare are bit more of European cities as I've not done many. Barcelona and Madrid naming a couple. The latter is very nice. Barcelona needs revisiting 

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Oh dear lord no 🙂

That place is a utter shit hole 🙂  You know your going somewhere shit that highlights are  Shipping Containers 🙂 

Hahaha

Maybe I`m loving shit holes who knows. But I would start in St. Pauli, not at the Shipping Containers.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

I have a love hate relationship with Barcelona - been lots but I can't decide if I think its a big shit urban sprawl or a cool city which offers lot.
Either way - cable ride up to the old Olympic Park is a must do.

Also a shithole. Absolutely beautiful city but you’re guaranteed to get mugged. 

39 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Berlin has it all really - so much history!

Although Munich is prettier... 

Hamburg isn’t pretty but also a great city to visit!

The miniature museum is genuinely incredible.

Edited by Ryan1984

8 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Hamburg isn’t pretty but also a great city to visit!

The miniature museum is genuinely incredible.

Another German city I need to revisit and do properly having only been there on the piss (four nights for my first stag do - fairly brutal!).

There's a famous bar there with a glass ceiling we were told about. Didn't go - sounded disgusting!