When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Ive given up caring which politician/party says what!! We just need a solution tht works and keep everyone safe taking guidence from the health professionals and scientists tht have an understanding and knowledge of all this!!
maybe its the wrong attitude to have in regards to who makes decisions about the country! 

Edited by funkychick2007
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Yeah and by no means are we tryna hate on labour, starmer or yourself. 

I just deffo am seeing a lot of missed oppurtunities and repeating the same mistakes from both political sides. 

Even if one side is pretty much evilcorp and the other is just an out of touch whitedude. 

ALways will prefer starmer over johnson obviously but need to see more from him. 

Anyway yeah get some sleep, hope this final lockdown ain't too taxing on you and hope we make it through this sooner rather than later

I don't think you are doing that at all 😄 

I get why some would want him to attack, I just don't think the optics look great minutes after a national lockdown is announced. We might want him to but imagine other members of the public, will they want too see a political argument right now, I'm not sure they would. I'm sure Starmer will go on the attack in the days to come.

Edited by Ozanne

14 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

He knows best, I suppose.  Personally I wouldn't be able to resist using tonight's airtime - a far larger audience than the LOTO usually gets any other time - to be giving Johnson the kicking he deserves.  Fuck up after fuck up, 75,000 dead with many more to follow, so may u-turns we're all dizzy.  And yet Sir Kier gives him a free pass.  I'm sure all statements in the Commons on Wednesday will be worth the wait.

Ah well. 😞 

I don't think it would work in Starmer's favour...a lot of people just want this lockdown + vaccines to work so we can get over this shit, now not the time for political point scoring. Starmer called for a lockdown, and now we have one....and now need to make sure people adhere, and help with the roll out of vaccinations as much as possible because that is a massive task.

11 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

The only thing with the FA Cup is whether the lower teams still have the same bubble procedures as the Premier League? I would imagine they too but perhaps not as strict, but this may lead to some cancellations or postponements. I am also unsure what the rule is on byes to the next round?

There have been a ton of postponements and delays in the lower leagues of English football due to covid cases, with the system in place in the EFL meaning they've had no compulsory testing until now due to financial reasons.

So, you know, there's that.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I don't think it would work in Starmer's favour...a lot of people just want this lockdown + vaccines to work so we can get over this shit, now not the time for political point scoring. Starmer called for a lockdown, and now we have one....and now need to make sure people adhere, and help with the roll out of vaccinations as much as possible because that is a massive task.

I hate the phrase "political point scoring." Boris Johnson and his Cabinet of nodding dogs have 60,000+ deaths on their hands and it isn't "political point scoring" to point out their callousness and total incompetence.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I like Starmer's policy of being the grown-up and only going on the attack when he feels it's justified. Hope he carries on post-pandemic.

Yep I agree. I think people see it as refreshing and I think Starmer is really calculating his responses. I totally see the merit of backing the measures tonight at a moment of national crisis and then I’m sure he will have some strong comments on Wednesday. 

All staff told to be in school again tomorrow. 

I assume it’s to formulate a rota as to who comes in to supervise the key worker / vulnerable children. 

I shall not, just as in first lockdown, be putting myself forward for the rota as I live with someone in the week for work who is clinically extremely vulnerable (my Nan has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer and is currently undertaking treatment for it) and with this new strain being so highly infectious, I am very concerned with going in and out of the house and mixing with children. 

I shall we holing up in Doncaster in my house I own with my girlfriend from tomorrow evening and streaming my lessons. 

Thank you for the kind words and support here over the last few days, it really has been very nice. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Copperface said:

I'm supposed to be going on the Lions tour in July/Aug. Can't see much hope of that going ahead and it won't without supporters present.....they're deciding by end Jan/beginning Feb. Euros can easily go behind closed doors. Olympics a worry.

Both euros and olympics will be without fans no doubt. It will go ahead as they will lose too much money cancelling, and the sporting schedule is backed up massively for the next few years 

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

There have been a ton of postponements and delays in the lower leagues of English football due to covid cases, with the system in place in the EFL meaning they've had no compulsory testing until now due to financial reasons.

So, you know, there's that.

FA have said the cup games must go ahead as long as sides have 14 avalaible players.

15 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Ive given up caring which politician/party says what!! We just need a solution tht works and keep everyone safe taking guidence from the health professionals and scientists tht have an understanding and knowledge of all this!!
maybe its the wrong attitude to have in regards to who makes decisions about the country! 

Abso bloody lutely correct. Politicians have agendas, prejudices and self interests. The scientists and health professionals deal with the facts and realities of the situation. If the politicians had listened to The sage advice and acted on it quickly instead of dithering last autumn things might have been a lot better. 

Just now, ModernMan said:

Both euros and olympics will be without fans no doubt. It will go ahead as they will lose too much money cancelling, and the sporting schedule is backed up massively for the next few years 

Japan has had events with fans (Wrestle Kingdom today and tomorrow for one, which is indoors), so if it does go ahead I’m sure they will have fans there to some capacity. Possibly not from overseas, although I know they’re working on that in terms of letting in organised tours.

1 minute ago, ModernMan said:

Can easily see that happening. The trouble with football is differing testing throughout the leagues, and partly the seeming incapacity of some footballers to act sensibly. At what stage do you start forfeiting points, like they are doing in rugby, when you cannot field a team due to isolation or positive tests? So then do they start concealing potential players who should be isolating etc.

Olympics could possibly run with just local spectators although Tokyo has also just been placed into a state of emergency.

Whole lot is already way out of sync.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Japan has had events with fans (Wrestle Kingdom today and tomorrow for one, which is indoors), so if it does go ahead I’m sure they will have fans there to some capacity. Possibly not from overseas, although I know they’re working on that in terms of letting in organised tours.

Knowing my luck they'll move the Euros to Japan.

8 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

FA have said the cup games must go ahead as long as sides have 14 avalaible players.

There you go then. I guess a lot depends on testing protocol this week, as I believe all non-PL sides are being tested. Especially those who have to play PL teams, and there's a fair few.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Euro 2020(/21) is a huge mess given that it is meant to be taking place with host cities in 12 different countries. It was a daft idea of structuring to begin with but in this environment its a liability.

16 minutes ago, Homer said:

I guess keeping the football on helps encourage people to sit on their sofas and not go out. I spend more time than I would like sat around watching it.

Same here, I’ve got sky sports, bt  sports, amazon prime sports and the internet channel of the club I support.   Over the festive period I could have watched footy from late morning till night time.  You just have to try and ration how much you watch and get out in the fresh air. 

Edit,   To prove the point, Typing this whilst watching the Liverpool Southampton game! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris