When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

If your treating people with Covid you can't give them Covid - you could change the rules they only have to isolate if they test positive (test them regularly) give them priority turnaround too. 

There will come a point where self isolation ends, we stop worrying about case numbers because hospitalisation and death rates get lower.

If the NHS is that close to breaking there are things which could be changed to ensure it doesn't and the many additional deaths this would cause because we can't staff the hospitals and the capacity they have, maybe we could actually staff the Nightingale hospitals too. 

I don't now the answers just throwing some thoughts around. 

In Belgium, if a healthcare worker tests positive they chuck them on the covid wards unless they’re physically too sick to go to work. Can’t pass covid to people who already have it. 

5 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

I feel worse about the state of the pandemic now than at any time in the past. I am incredibly fortunate to be able to work from home and have done so entirely throughout, but I am feeling a huge sense of pointlessness at the moment turning on the laptop after the Christmas break about work and everything in general. It just feels so bleak and that there is literally nothing to look forward to. I am existing solely to log on and work, eat, sleep, repeat. 

I end up feeling guilty for constantly being miserable about things given I could have been much more affected by the pandemic but can't help it. It is either that or complete and utter anger regarding how this government has behaved throughout this whole thing, particularly most recently. They have not got a single thing right in the last 2/3 months. 

You're not alone there mate. I reckon today has been my worst day since this all began too. I'm hoping it's just cos I drank at the weekend - will find out tomorrow!

Just now, Homer said:

You're not alone there mate. I reckon today has been my worst day since this all began too. I'm hoping it's just cos I drank at the weekend - will find out tomorrow!

I've been trying to avoid drinking during the bleaker times for this very reason! In the first lockdown last year I didn't drink until around mid June and noticed a hell of a difference. I am going to do it this time around too as I know what I am like on a Monday at work after a heavy weekend.

Let's just hope that this will pass and my outlook will change as the weeks go, but this one is very tough to take and I am so mentally exhausted by it all now. I guess it doesn't help that I have only a couple of real hobbies (gym/sports) and all of them are completely out of the question in full-scale lockdowns. 

8 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

I feel worse about the state of the pandemic now than at any time in the past. I am incredibly fortunate to be able to work from home and have done so entirely throughout, but I am feeling a huge sense of pointlessness at the moment turning on the laptop after the Christmas break about work and everything in general. It just feels so bleak and that there is literally nothing to look forward to. I am existing solely to log on and work, eat, sleep, repeat. 

I end up feeling guilty for constantly being miserable about things given I could have been much more affected by the pandemic but can't help it. It is either that or complete and utter anger regarding how this government has behaved throughout this whole thing, particularly most recently. They have not got a single thing right in the last 2/3 months. 

yeah, it's rough, it really is...but vaccine rollout should make a big difference...this winter will be real grim, but things should start to improve in the spring along with the weather.

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

At 8pm these will be the main messages on the new Lockdown, set against almost 60,000 cases and hospitals on their knees (taken from elsewhere).

- We are world leaders in being the first to vaccinate people.
- We are the first to vaccinate people in the world.
- We are vaccinating more people than Europe
- We have on order 150m vials of the vaccines.
- We will produce a world beating programme to vaccinate everyone by Easter
- I have personally overseen the development of the vaccine
- Yes we will have a national lockdown but some schools will remain open.
- But we have a vaccine that is world beating and I promise we will have everyone vaccinated by Easter.

YEP, OH LOOK A MASSIVE VACCINE DISTRACTION FROM THE TERRIBLE FIGURES.