When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

I hope so but I think some more positive tests will come out so I'd imagine not all games. I would expect all football to stop after that for a while though due to too many positives 

Working in sport, I would honestly be amazed if football stopped at any level. 

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

Which begs an obvious question; if this - this! - isn't the right time to criticise him, when is?

I think what his point is that this evening with another national lockdown being announced it could be right for the LOTO to get behind the measures as people will be feeling several different emotions over this. Then come out guns blazing in the next few days.

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

General exercise rule - would you still be permitted to drive a short distance to do your exercise/meet the friend for exercise or is it walking distance only

From gov.uk:

ExerciseYou can continue to exercise alone, with one other person or with your household or support bubble. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.You should maintain social distancing. See exercising and meeting other people.

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

General exercise rule - would you still be permitted to drive a short distance to do your exercise/meet the friend for exercise or is it walking distance only

Only says 'you should not travel outside your local area.' Your example looks ok to me.

6 minutes ago, Copperface said:

They don't want to, but they might have to. Pressure is building in the EFL  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55530424

If it stops the season will probably be ended and points per game used again. The fixtures are too backed up already and the euros/olympics will not cancel again

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think what his point is that this evening with another national lockdown being announced it could be right for the LOTO to get behind the measures as people will be feeling several different emotions over this. Then come out guns blazing in the next few days.

He knows best, I suppose.  Personally I wouldn't be able to resist using tonight's airtime - a far larger audience than the LOTO usually gets any other time - to be giving Johnson the kicking he deserves.  Fuck up after fuck up, 75,000 dead with many more to follow, so may u-turns we're all dizzy.  And yet Sir Kier gives him a free pass.  I'm sure all statements in the Commons on Wednesday will be worth the wait.

Ah well. 😞 

7 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Which begs an obvious question; if this - this! - isn't the right time to criticise him, when is?

Yep @Ozanne deffo not feeling the sentiment of now isn't the right time to criticize. Because this lockdown announcement if another example of Boris Johnson's ineptitude, how yesterday he was saying school were safe, this is again fear of being called out for "playing politics" with a pandemic. Ironically by not calling Johnson out for that reason, he is playing politic more than if he said what most of the country are thinking, that Boris needs to go. 

He can say he supports the measures and that the variant does provide new challenges, but for fucks sake at least say Johnson flouted the warning and fudged this up again, else it just looks like Labour are cowards, especially since any attempt to work across the isle has been refused by the tories. So what is this approach achieving. 

Serious Labour need to get their act into gear and hold the government in account because now is the time for criticism more than ever, because the tories are fumbling the bag and the bag contains a whole lot of lives and livelihoods. 

• Like 1

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

He knows best, I suppose.  Personally I wouldn't be able to resist using tonight's airtime - a far larger audience than the LOTO usually gets any other time - to be giving Johnson the kicking he deserves.  Fuck up after fuck up, 75,000 dead with many more to follow, so may u-turns we're all dizzy.  And yet Sir Kier gives him a free pass.  I'm sure all statements in the Commons on Wednesday will be worth the wait.

Ah well. 😞 

And all the above still results in the Conservative Party leading the polls on a regular basis, what does Bojo need to do to allow Labour to gain a huge lead... 

1 minute ago, ModernMan said:

If it stops the season will probably be ended and points per game used again. The fixtures are too backed up already and the euros/olympics will not cancel again

I'm supposed to be going on the Lions tour in July/Aug. Can't see much hope of that going ahead and it won't without supporters present.....they're deciding by end Jan/beginning Feb. Euros can easily go behind closed doors. Olympics a worry.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

From gov.uk:

ExerciseYou can continue to exercise alone, with one other person or with your household or support bubble. This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.You should maintain social distancing. See exercising and meeting other people.

4 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Only says 'you should not travel outside your local area.' Your example looks ok to me.

I thought this would be okay so thank you, I probably wouldn't travel more than 5/10 minutes anyway so thought this would fall under the rules 

3 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Has anyone seen anything about garages? My van went in today...

👍

petrol stations, automatic (but not manual) car washes, vehicle repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, and taxi and vehicle hire businesses

2 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

Yep @Ozanne deffo not feeling the sentiment of now isn't the right time to criticize. Because this lockdown announcement if another example of Boris Johnson's ineptitude, how yesterday he was saying school were safe, this is again fear of being called out for "playing politics" with a pandemic. Ironically by not calling Johnson out for that reason, he is playing politic more than if he said what most of the country are thinking, that Boris needs to go. 

He can say he supports the measures and that the variant does provide new challenges, but for fucks sake at least say Johnson flouted the warning and fudged this up again, else it just looks like Labour are cowards, especially since any attempt to work across the isle has been refused by the tories. So what is this approach achieving. 

Serious Labour need to get their act into gear and hold the government in account because now is the time for criticism more than ever, because the tories are fumbling the bag and the bag contains a whole lot of lives and livelihoods. 

14 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Ozanne can’t/ won’t criticise starmer for anything he does. It’s slightly bizarre!

7 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Ah well. 😞 

Maybe use me here as an example. I would be the first in line to slate Johnson, but this evening I don't have the energy, I'm just tired by it all. I feel a bit fragile even though I knew this was coming. Give me a night to sleep and process this then I'll be ready to slate Johnson again. Maybe that's what Labour are feeling right now?

Edited by Ozanne

The only thing with the FA Cup is whether the lower teams still have the same bubble procedures as the Premier League? I would imagine they too but perhaps not as strict, but this may lead to some cancellations or postponements. I am also unsure what the rule is on byes to the next round?

4 minutes ago, Copperface said:

👍

petrol stations, automatic (but not manual) car washes, vehicle repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, and taxi and vehicle hire businesses

Thanks, that's a relief.

More importantly, need the new router to arrive ASAP. The old one died on NYE. At this rate we might have to start talking to each other!

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Maybe use me here as an example. I would be the first in line to slate Johnson, but this evening I don't have the energy, I'm just tired by it all. I feel a bit fragile even though I knew this was coming. Give me a night to sleep and process this then I'll be ready to slate Johnson again. Maybe that's what Labour are feeling right now?

Yeah and by no means are we tryna hate on labour, starmer or yourself. 

I just deffo am seeing a lot of missed oppurtunities and repeating the same mistakes from both political sides. 

Even if one side is pretty much evilcorp and the other is just an out of touch whitedude. 

ALways will prefer starmer over johnson obviously but need to see more from him. 

Anyway yeah get some sleep, hope this final lockdown ain't too taxing on you and hope we make it through this sooner rather than later

2 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

The only thing with the FA Cup is whether the lower teams still have the same bubble procedures as the Premier League? I would imagine they too but perhaps not as strict, but this may lead to some cancellations or postponements. I am also unsure what the rule is on byes to the next round?

Wait would it not be insane to keep live sports going right now.