When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

I know Trump is a massive fan of some stupid positive thinking guru bullshit, where he believes that if he ignores a problem it doesn't exist - which doesn't really seem to be compatible with a pandemic.

Is there a chance Johnson is slightly inclined in the same way? He does always seem to be overly chirpy and in denial about the whole mass death situation.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I know Trump is a massive fan of some stupid positive thinking guru bullshit, where he believes that if he ignores a problem it doesn't exist - which doesn't really seem to be compatible with a pandemic.

Is there a chance Johnson is slightly inclined in the same way? He does always seem to be overly chirpy and in denial about the whole mass death situation.

yeah, it's hard to know with Johnson...he does seem to wait till the very last minute, or when it's too late...is he indecisive? Or worried about all those libertarian tory backbenchers and ministers? is he just one of those jovial people who can't do the serious stuff? In the end he is just a posh journo guy who makes people laugh and feel good, but isn't really fit for office. He was a fucking useless foreign secretary, and still he ends up as PM just because he makes brexiters feel good about their shitty choices.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

oh here we go.

These journalists are playing a game...they want to be friendly to these people so they can get the story first, that's how it works. I get a bit sick of all the Kuenssberg hate.

... and that's me firmly back on the fence!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

What happened to Allegra Stratton?

Johnson's spokesman who is neither a man, nor who spokes. 

She’s allegedly getting paid a nice government salary to cover her upcoming maternity leave according to the rumour I’ve just made up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, st dan said:

4 staff on my wife’s Covid ward have all tested positive in the past 3 days. Another 3 are isolating due to household positives. She’s been asked to come in to work on her week annual leave - they are in real crisis. 

I know from a friend of mine who is a nurse there that our local hospital in Bath had over 200 staff off for COVID related reasons last week...

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

oh here we go.

These journalists are playing a game...they want to be friendly to these people so they can get the story first, that's how it works. I get a bit sick of all the Kuenssberg hate.

They are still selling their souls when they engage in the game.

Not enamoured with Gnasher or her little nat rabble, but the precision, honesty and clarity of message put out by the Scottish Government is very impressive compared to the confused, defensive gibberish emanating from further South.

Both worth a read.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-statement-monday-4-january-2021/

https://www.gov.scot/publications/covid-vaccine-deployment-health-secretarys-statement-thursday-3rd-december/