2021 Headliners

9 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

You know when you get back from next year's festival and you're watching the headliner highlights on iplayer?  And how sometimes the camera zooms in on those standing stageside?  You know who it'll be?

Chris Moyles.  And James Corden.  All three nights.

That's what bland truly is, my friend.

At surface level, ie. the headliners, Glastonbury is the Saturday night primetime TV of festivals. We're constantly bickering about how big an artist must be to be safe enough to headline the festival without the sheer embarrassment of people not knowing who they are. It's not really for inspired bookings. While those three aren't pushing any artistic envelopes, people know them and they seem like Glastonbury headliners (given that they've done it before) so it'll do. 

8 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I have faith in Emily, she has more taste than that trio. 

So explain 2013, 2015, 2016 if these three headliners are poor taste?

These are clearly three headliners that Emily actually holds dear.. not ones she thinks low of.

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I mean she would also be exploring the availability of Macca , Taylor and Kendrick and possibly several others to  ... just it happens that 3 names who we are discussing are the ones who’s names have crept out ... 

Precisely. And that's why I commented on those three names. 

When more get mentioned I'll be sure to let everyone know what I think then. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

At surface level, ie. the headliners, Glastonbury is the Saturday night primetime TV of festivals. We're constantly bickering about how big an artist must be to be safe enough to headline the festival without the sheer embarrassment of people not knowing who they are. It's not really for inspired bookings. While those three aren't pushing any artistic envelopes, people know them and they seem like Glastonbury headliners (given that they've done it before) so it'll do. 

I care not for those at home who never buy tickets. 

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So explain 2013, 2015, 2016 if these three headliners are poor taste?

These are clearly three headliners that Emily actually holds dear.. not ones she thinks low of.

2013 had the Rolling Stones, 2015 had Kanye and 2016 had Adele.

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

She also sees it as the festival’s role to give new acts a chance.

She's a good egg, let's hope she sticks to those principles. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, stuie said:

so long as the rest of Glastonbury goes ahead. 

This is all we should be caring about at this stage. 

Making sure the festival goes ahead is all we want. I don’t really care whose at the top of the poster as long as we are in that field next June. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

This is all we should be caring about at this stage. 

Making sure the festival goes ahead is all we want. I don’t really care whose at the top of the poster as long as we are in that field next June. 

I’m heading to the farm now with a couple of led strips and a 20,000mah battery ... how long will that build take me on my own ? 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m heading to the farm now with a couple of led strips and a 20,000mah battery ... how long will that build take me on my own ? 

Should be good for 2022! 

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

I can only imagine how hard it must be trying to arrange a Glastonbury that may yet not even go ahead.  Bands being harder to book, particularly if coming from overseas.  Booking three 'local' acts would be prudent.

That said, a line up topped with AM, Muse and F+ATM just reeks of unwashed cock.  3 acts whose finest moments, such as they were, happened in the noughties - not exactly a high water mark for indie rock - and have done little of artistic note since.  Only AM get a slight pass because they put out a record against type that nobody liked.

As if 2020 wasn't bad enough, we get this to look forward to next year.  We might as well have a fucking local lockdown in the Pyramid field to stop those that enjoy this tripe from mixing with the rest of us and spreading whatever it is they're infected with.

Good post. Lovely stuff.

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Who knows eh? I’d guess with performance contracts is states a performance date. 

Personally, I’d say anything postponed for a year is cancelled.  I don’t know why I think that though 😂

👏👏🤣🤣🤣

A festival of unwashed cock? 🤔🤷‍♂️

Smeg Fest 2021

Always enjoy the headliner speculation, rumours and fierce debates they cause but the reality is that no matter who eventually headlines we’ve always finished every night with a memorable set whether it be the pyramid or any other stage. That’s the beauty of the festival, the choice is so extensive. Ok, it’s the pyramid headliners that the tv focuses on and I reckon that plays a big part on who gets the gigs but I don’t think it bothers festival attendees. 

Fukksake ive really missed pouring over the clashfinder this year trying to decide who to see!🙁

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Not strictly headliner related (though it does feature one of our rumoured headliners) but I thought some of you would enjoy this

you know what I'm not gonna rise to it and have deleted my lengthy complaints about this article.

12 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Not strictly headliner related (though it does feature one of our rumoured headliners) but I thought some of you would enjoy this

Has 'landfill' been reclaimed for use by those it once described?  Otherwise, the word 'greatest' has been stretched beyond all previous recognition in that sentence.

Still, I'm going to give it a read.

20 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I haven't read the whole thing. I scrolled right to the bottom, and it is so apt, that that song, be the very bottom. 

'Chelsea Dagger' is one of those songs that I just. cannot. stand. I could be having a great night, in one of my favourite bars or clubs, and then that will come on, and all of my will to party and have a good time is depleted in an instant, and I just want to leave.

Edited by WestCountryGirl
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I was once kicked out of what turned out to be a secret Fratellis gig screaming “fuck off!” at The Fratellis when they walked on stage.

I thought someone good was coming out.

I did a similar self-evacuation out of The Park in 2010 when Biffy Clyro appeared on the horizon.