2021 Headliners

4 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Reckon thats Dua then for R&L, guess she could be back for her other headline slot but I would guess her best option is to just sit out for now and come back to headline the joint off a new album (though I know she loves the place so will probably be back)

She’s confirmed she’s playing glasto tho.

I’m willing to admit I got it a bit wrong and she’s probably back to headline the Other. Dua headlining R&L + headlining the Other is something I can see happening.

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Well thats Gaga probably out - apparently she's headlining Bonaroo

While I don't expect her to play next year - I'd say if anything that rumour makes her slightly more likely?

Bonnaroo is the weekend before Glastonbury, so it means she's active (with a Festival set) at exactly the right time - previously her only confirmed dates for 2021 were the stadium tour starting at the end of July.

11 minutes ago, incident said:

While I don't expect her to play next year - I'd say if anything that rumour makes her slightly more likely?

Bonnaroo is the weekend before Glastonbury, so it means she's active (with a Festival set) at exactly the right time - previously her only confirmed dates for 2021 were the stadium tour starting at the end of July.

I would have though with her hip condition that it would be too quick of a turn around to gef everything from tennessee one weekend to somerset the next personally, but I guess may its not completely impossible

Edited by Mattymooz

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I would have though with her hip condition that it would be too quick of a turn around to gef everything from tennessee one weekend to somerset the next personally, but I guess may its not completely impossible

She's going from London on July 30th to Boston on August 7th, which is near enough the same journey in reverse so I can't see that it'd be a problem.

Edited by incident

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Reckon thats Dua then for R&L, guess she could be back for her other headline slot but I would guess her best option is to just sit out for now and come back to headline the joint off a new album (though I know she loves the place so will probably be back)

Remember she may be taking the 'lower key' 2nd stage headlining option and it wouldn't be much different from Foals/Disclosure both as Reading top line the same year as subbing/headlining Other stage.

1 hour ago, incident said:

She's going from London on July 30th to Boston on August 7th, which is near enough the same journey in reverse so I can't see that it'd be a problem.

I agree, this puts her more in the frame. I’d rules her out of my own predictions but this sneaks her back in for sure.

10 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Oh fuck didn't think about any of the late June tour plans 😬

Aye all well and good saying ‘just do it in September’ but that’ll take a huge toll on the lineup and who can and cannot play. Logistically it seems like a fucking nightmare with acts coming over seas for their own tours with Glastonbury as part of them and I’m sure a decision will have to be made on this wayyyy before we’ll probably find out about it, and even then, is September really gonna be any safer than three months before?! 

Hate to say it but if it can’t go ahead in June then it probably shouldn’t go ahead at all next year.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye all well and good saying ‘just do it in September’ but that’ll take a huge toll on the lineup and who can and cannot play. Logistically it seems like a fucking nightmare with acts coming over seas for their own tours with Glastonbury as part of them and I’m sure a decision will have to be made on this wayyyy before we’ll probably find out about it, and even then, is September really gonna be any safer than three months before?! 

Hate to say it but if it can’t go ahead in June then it probably shouldn’t go ahead at all next year.

I honestly think we could see a downsized Glastonbury to keep the festival afloat.

R&L have already committed to two mainstages and a somewhat refined focus for their lineup (apparently). Glastonbury are already not holding an October sale.

My guess is a festival in September with slightly lower numbers to probably ensure they can actually hold an event next year.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I honestly think we could see a downsized Glastonbury to keep the festival afloat.

R&L have already committed to two mainstages and a somewhat refined focus for their lineup (apparently). Glastonbury are already not holding an October sale.

My guess is a festival in September with slightly lower numbers to probably ensure they can actually hold an event next year.

I’ve got in my mind a festival with probably a lower standard of lineup next year, less numbers (not massive but a statement to say they’re doing it to help with the social distancing etc..) and mostly U.K. acts.  

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

They stated the issue for cancelling this year was the site build as it takes 2 months whereas other festivals can be put up in a fortnight, could they do a massively down scaled festival e.g no themed areas and focus just on the performance stages 

Is that not the Glastonbury bit though? There's tonnes of Other stages or John Peel tents across the country all summer, I'm not gonna stumble into a life drawing class at 3am completely off my nut anywhere else though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

They stated the issue for cancelling this year was the site build as it takes 2 months whereas other festivals can be put up in a fortnight, could they do a massively down scaled festival e.g no themed areas and focus just on the performance stages 

I don’t think it’l be that extreme but I can definitely see lower numbers

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

How do you reduce numbers if 100k+ people already have deposits paid?

There will no doubt have been a lot of cancellations. The fact they aren’t holding an October sale makes it seem like they don’t want to boost the numbers back up.

My guess - they will announce soon the September move. Give people another chance to either hold their deposits or cancel - then hold a resale later in the year depending on what numbers they want to have there.

Another move would mean more cancelled deposits.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There will no doubt have been a lot of cancellations. The fact they aren’t holding an October sale makes it seem like they don’t want to boost the numbers back up.

That’s just speculation, another way to look at it is there have been so few cancellations it’s not worth doing another sale.

I honestly don’t believe there have been many cancellations.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That’s just speculation, another way to look at it is there have been so few cancellations it’s not worth doing another sale.

I honestly don’t believe there have been many cancellations.

Either way they are already trying to cap the number of tickets 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Either way they are already trying to cap the number of tickets 

I would be surprised if more than 10% of ticket holders have cancelled. The festival were upfront about deposits rolling over and seeing how people have only put £50 down my view is that the majority of people will wait and see what happens before committing either way.

Even if 20% have cancelled there would be over 100,000 punters with tickets. That’s before the usual staff/performers/everyone else on site. Still far too great a number to implement any kind of distancing effectively.

Said before and I’ll say again, it either goes ahead as usual or it doesn’t at all.

• Upvote 2