2021 Headliners

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There is a very loose definition of “landfill” there. It angers me that bands I actually like (Maximo Park for instance) are included.

Besides, Golden Touch by Razorlight is the best tune of that era and isn’t even on the list.

I think everyone has a landfill band they think is too good to be labelled such, but alas it's just our taste that has let us down.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Chelsea Dagger wants a word.

Saw them at Y Not and there was a genuinely dangerous atmosphere as they rattled through their apparent "back catalogue" and the crowd were getting more frustrated after each track that it wasn't Chelsea Dagger. Band were getting bottled and threatened to leave if they didn't stop. 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I think everyone has a landfill band they think is too good to be labelled such, but alas it's just our taste that has let us down.

Saw them at Y Not and there was a genuinely dangerous atmosphere as they rattled through their apparent "back catalogue" and the crowd were getting more frustrated after each track that it wasn't Chelsea Dagger. Band were getting bottled and threatened to leave if they didn't stop. 

Surely if they wanted to stop the bottling they should have threatened to play more songs?

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surely if they wanted to stop the bottling they should have threatened to play more songs?

My memory is a little hazy, but I swear at one point they threatened not to play Chelsea Dagger if they didn't stop.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Someone is going to click on the Headliner thread seeing that it has gone hot, see talk of Fratellis and Futureheads and have a heart attack...

Paging @fatyeti24

He'll be grateful for AM, Muse and Florence within the hour.

Edited by Quark

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Someone is going to click on the Headliner thread seeing that it has gone hot, see talk of Fratellis and Futureheads and have a heart attack...

I did actually have a dream last year that Glastonbury had a headline set where all the big indie landfill bands came on stage to do their one song. 

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

Paging @fatyeti24

He'll be grateful for AM, Muse and Florence within the hour.

Ha!

Preston from the Ordinary Boys crept up on First Dates recently - Mrs Yeti likes to watch it.  He's still an absolute tool.  He got turned down for a second date.

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

I did actually have a dream last year that Glastonbury had a headline set where all the big indie landfill bands came on stage to do their one song. 

That's one song between the lot of them, right.

43 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The best song of that entire decade was The Rat by The Walkmen.

15 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Correct. 

I was expecting to see that on the list and go on a rant about how The Walkmen were not in that category. Dunno if Vice are too dumb to realise how great it is or smart enough to know it isn't "landfill" :) 

6 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I was expecting to see that on the list and go on a rant about how The Walkmen were not in that category. Dunno if Vice are too dumb to realise how great it is or smart enough to know it isn't "landfill" :) 

Walkmen were from New York, which instantly makes them too cool for this sort of thing in the eyes of Vice.