2021 Headliners

15 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Just think they are worried about the festival and have roped in three mates of theirs which happen to be massive

Would they still have had to pay acts like Taylor and Kendrick cancellation fees this year you reckon? 

Maybe their mates will not impose such terms? 

32 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

No cause Taylor and Kendrick would have pulled out

Ah, I thought glasto cancelled the event first? 

Just wondered as I’ve heard of artists and DJ’s being paid x amount when booking and x amount after performance. 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Ah, I thought glasto cancelled the event first? 

Just wondered as I’ve heard of artists and DJ’s being paid x amount when booking and x amount after performance. 

Was it cancelled ? Or suspended till next year .... I’d presume there is a difference ? 

I can only imagine how hard it must be trying to arrange a Glastonbury that may yet not even go ahead.  Bands being harder to book, particularly if coming from overseas.  Booking three 'local' acts would be prudent.

That said, a line up topped with AM, Muse and F+ATM just reeks of unwashed cock.  3 acts whose finest moments, such as they were, happened in the noughties - not exactly a high water mark for indie rock - and have done little of artistic note since.  Only AM get a slight pass because they put out a record against type that nobody liked.

As if 2020 wasn't bad enough, we get this to look forward to next year.  We might as well have a fucking local lockdown in the Pyramid field to stop those that enjoy this tripe from mixing with the rest of us and spreading whatever it is they're infected with.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I can only imagine how hard it must be trying to arrange a Glastonbury that may yet not even go ahead.  Bands being harder to book, particularly if coming from overseas.  Booking three 'local' acts would be prudent.

That said, a line up topped with AM, Muse and F+ATM just reeks of unwashed cock.  3 acts whose finest moments, such as they were, happened in the noughties - not exactly a high water mark for indie rock - and have done little of artistic note since.  Only AM get a slight pass because they put out a record against type that nobody liked.

As if 2020 wasn't bad enough, we get this to look forward to next year.  We might as well have a fucking local lockdown in the Pyramid field to stop those that enjoy this tripe from mixing with the rest of us and spreading whatever it is they're infected with.

Haven't posted much on here lately as it is hard get much enthusiasm for anything with the way things are at the moment, but your post really made me laugh out loud.  Couldn't have put it better myself.  🤣

13 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

U ok hun? ❤

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Ahhhh stop moaning. This year has been bad enough without saying shite like that. Its a good trio considering and I would rather have shite all three nights than no festival at all. Many love AM, Muse and Florence and Glastonbury as everyone says is more than that, suck it up and go elsewhere. I am sick to death of pessimistic comments and comments like this as without looking forward to it and things happening next year the future is bland. 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Was it cancelled ? Or suspended till next year .... I’d presume there is a difference ? 

Who knows eh? I’d guess with performance contracts is states a performance date. 

Personally, I’d say anything postponed for a year is cancelled.  I don’t know why I think that though 😂

12 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

👏👏🤣🤣🤣

A festival of unwashed cock? 🤔🤷‍♂️

Just now, stuie said:

Who knows eh? I’d guess with performance contracts is states a performance date. 

Personally, I’d say anything postponed for a year is cancelled.  I don’t know why I think that though 😂

👏👏🤣🤣🤣

A festival of unwashed cock? 🤔🤷‍♂️

Apparently Florence has a cock now.

That comment reeks. I thought it shouldn't matter what gender the headliners are

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

A festival, then

I object to that. 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

That comment reeks. I thought it shouldn't matter what gender the headliners are

I'm gonna go with unwashed cock as an unpleasant concept rather than a comment on the possession or otherwise of a dangler amongst the headliners.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Tbf, he said she reeks of unwashed cock, not that she has one! 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Tbf, he said she reeks of unwashed cock, not that she has one! 

Very true. How is that trio bad considering tho? Muse maybe a little bad but Florence smashed it last time, AM haven't played in eight years and a lot of people like them.

The thing that gets me is constant negativity

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Ahhhh stop moaning. This year has been bad enough without saying shite like that. Its a good trio considering and I would rather have shite all three nights than no festival at all. Many love AM, Muse and Florence and Glastonbury as everyone says is more than that, suck it up and go elsewhere. I am sick to death of pessimistic comments and comments like this as without looking forward to it and things happening next year the future is bland. 

You know when you get back from next year's festival and you're watching the headliner highlights on iplayer?  And how sometimes the camera zooms in on those standing stageside?  You know who it'll be?

Chris Moyles.  And James Corden.  All three nights.

That's what bland truly is, my friend.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Or you can look at it that despite everything Glastonbury is trying their best to actually have the festival go ahead and booking headliners that won’t pussy foot whether they will appear and be big divas.

Why chase an international artist who can’t fully commit and has a big chance of not being able to go when you can book home talent which are more likely to actually show up?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Very true. How is that trio bad considering tho? Muse maybe a little bad but Florence smashed it last time, AM haven't played in eight years and a lot of people like them.

I might see one of the three but that’s no different to any other year. 

Personally, I wouldn’t care if it’s 3 nights of Chris Martin playing the flute so long as the rest of Glastonbury goes ahead. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

The festival runs a very clear and likely risk of being cancelled. Booking three massive U.K. acts (if it’s them) is a fantastic job and should be applauded.

I’d rather they got the headliners out of the way and spent their time dealing with the more mundane but also highly depressing obstacles they have to likely go through to even hold the event.

5 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I have faith in Emily, she has more taste than that trio. 

I mean she would also be exploring the availability of Macca , Taylor and Kendrick and possibly several others to  ... just it happens that 3 names who we are discussing are the ones who’s names have crept out ... 

Edited by crazyfool1