FULL LINE UP

danbailey80

For me it’s a good bad lineup. Loads on there I like but I’ve seen them all before and I haven’t got particularly adventurous music taste. Chems, Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema, Friendly Fires, Liam, The Cure, vampire weekend.. I love them all but I’ve seen them all at least three times in the past.

This will be my fourth G and objectively I think it’s definitely the weakest by far, yet it’s great for me. Hence why I say it’s a good bad lineup.

Its all completely irrelevant anyway. I’ll see about two acts that I like and spend the rest of the time doing something fun elsewhere.

• Like 1

How many festival line-up's do you know that you can spend the next few days going back to time and time again discovering new acts you'd missed. Reading/Leeds, one scan and you're done. This is why this festival is the best in the world. The sheer scale of that line-up, it takes me a good solid week (and the rest) to fully consume it.

• Like 1

Why doesn't Craig Charles have his usual Shangri-La opener mega-set? That's always such a highlight for me.

Edit: Just read a few pages back and seen that some people think it may have been a mistake. I hope so!

Edited by barkley87
Bothered to read the thread

Just now, morph100 said:

Need them all on the app now, clashfinder is good but it’s a bit overwhelming 

Go to 'Customise' then 'Highlights' on Clashfinder. Then you can make it only display stages you've picked people on. Far more manageable that way imo. 

• Upvote 1

What a day! It dropped when I was really busy at work and then I couldn't get on the site for ages, so it was frustrating. And then I felt totally overwhelmed by that long list and couldn't really process it! Been through the clashfinder though and I'm happy overall. Definitely not the best line-up ever for me, but there are plenty of things I want to see and I hope this will make me more likely to explore more and check out small stages etc. Line-up would have been massively improved by Specials, Iggy or Orbital for me but there didn't seem like that many more big additions? Chance of Orbital in the Arcadia or JP TBA by the way? Oh and Jarv Is. Surely must be being added.

Clashes are horrible though. I've got Janelle/Cure/Streets and Marr/Lizzo/Low :( And Hot Chip/Chems but made my peace with that one.

4 hours ago, WStoner said:

Aphex Twin for the 0200 Arcadia 'TBA' slot?  And Weezer for one of the other TBAs - JP / Park?  Or are those both massively wishful thinking?

Unlikely for weez I’m afraid. They’re playing London that night so definitely won’t be the TBA on JP. Can pray for a cheeky Park opening set but probably is wishful thinking!

13 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Friday night is bad, like Sunday 2014 bad.

Otherwise I’m reasonably happy. Sunday especially with that run of Kylie > Fontaines > VW > Cure.

Disappointed with the Streets clash though.

Friday is really bad, I expected it to be but my god. After Bjorn Again for fun I don't have thing until Ezra then probably Frank Turner. I guess one day always need to be an explorer.

I don't think I'd move from Kylie through but VW won't keep me.

12 hours ago, Vanderlyle said:

It is a weak year for sure. No point denying that. Not just for personal taste but almost in all categories - big headliners, classic acts, surprises etc.

But it's still a line-up that is way way ahead of anywhere else. It's been a horrible year for festival lineups.

I disagree that it's way ahead of anything else. For me I've got bands I could see but Saturday nothing would bother me until 5:30pm, Sunday comfortably my strongest but overall for me Sunday Reading eclipses both Friday and Saturday and is better money spent for me. SD is another thing but nothing was beating that this year.

I just finally had time to go through my clashfinder and im a bit disappointed. Most of my must sees are on at the same time, and my Sunday is absolutely rammed and looks like I'll be spending a lot of time watching pyramid and other. My Friday and Saturday are pretty light. 

I usually am at JP and this year theres only a couple things I want to see there but they clash so I wont be at JP at all. 

Not a fan of the schedule... now I'm going to have to do a deep dive into the acts I dont know but I feel like I'm running out of time!

Each to their own of course, but I think this is far from a weak line up. There are at least 4 acts I would love to see - that don't clash - every day. The headliners are poor this year but the undercard is strong.

Beans On Toast, Foreign Beggars, Rob Da Bank, Lowkey, Sheryl Crow, The Comet is Coming, Lauryn Hill, Morcheeba, Jorja Smith, Stormzy, Carl Cox, The Proclaimers, Caroline Lucas, Kate Tempest, The Chems, Fatboy Slim, Jeff Goldblum, Kylie, Billie Eilish, Dave, Josh Wink.

And that's just the ones I know - all the discoveries and acts I stumble upon and suddenly love will help make the festival as well.

Anyone not brimming with excitement at this point needs to have a word with themselves.

50 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Not a fan of the schedule... now I'm going to have to do a deep dive into the acts I dont know but I feel like I'm running out of time!

Yeah, they don't give us much time to get to know many of the acts, that's for sure. As usual, the vast majority of the line up has me going 'who?', which is fine but 4 weeks to get acquainted with hundreds of acts is impossible.

Something I've noticed about the acts on my to-see list.  There are far more solo-artists than I usually have. Over the years I've noticed I tend towards bands rather than singer-songwriters. I've always thought this is because I like textured music and the contrasting styles of different musicians playing together.
However this year my list is full of stuff like
Pip Blom, Kurt Vile, Sheryl Crow, Kylie, and Johnny Marr. As well as stuff that is basically one-person like Tame Impala and Christine and the Queens.
I still  won't be going anywhere near George Ezra though.