FULL LINE UP

danbailey80

1 minute ago, Gacheezbo said:

yeh I won't have a bad word said against Capaldi personality-wise. Feel free to rip into his music, I think he's better off as a comedian!

11 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Both are equally dreadful musically but Capaldi is a hoot personality-wise.

Bookmark me on this one. He’s playing pretty low on the other stage and he’s probably going to get a crowd so big that he’l probably be high on the pyramid next year.

Capaldi getting a headliner size crowd early on in the day will look great for the BBC

Edited by Matt42

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Bookmark me on this one. He’s playing pretty low on the other stage and he’s probably going to get a crowd so big that he’l probably be high on the pyramid next year.

Man's got the biggest selling album of the year, I'm honestly a bit surprised they didn't do with him what they've done with Billie Pirate i.e. move him up at the last minute. Bin off the Courteeners, reduce the risk of anyone dying in a crush, win win.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

2 hours ago, bombfrog said:

You can't ask for equal gender representation and then not expect clashes. And Liam Gallagher will draw a bigger crowd than C&TQ I can assure you.

Yes but they are all wrong and therefore I ignore them.

I just think that a lot of people would have wanted Janelle AND Chris and Janet AND Lizzo. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Man's got the biggest selling album of the year so I'm honestly a bit surprised they didn't do what they've done with Billie Pirate and move him up at the last minute. Bin off the Courteeners, reduce the risk of anyone dying in a crush, win win.

I actually think there is a strong PR move in a rising act playing a lower slot. (Of course not every act does this or follows this) but theres definitely a “Oh my god look how big of a crowd this act got at 2pm we have to put them on mainstage next year” kinda thing. A sort of indirect endorsement of up and coming talent.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I actually think there is a strong PR move in a rising act playing a lower slot. (Of course not every act does this or follows this) but theres definitely a “Oh my god look how big of a crowd this act got at 2pm we have to put them on mainstage next year” kinda thing. A sort of indirect endorsement of up and coming talent.

Sure but there are safety concerns too. Especially when it comes to acts on the Other where an overstuffed field will mean people blocking up access bridges etc.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure their risk assessments are watertight, but it just seems a bit silly to cram the breakout star of the year onto the Other while Anne-Marie and Tom Odell are given Pyramid slots that their crowd sizes won't justify.

1 hour ago, bombfrog said:

James Arthur is nearning Morrissey levels of bellend-ery.

James Arthur is just a bell-end. Morrissey is a bell-end who has tarnished his entire legacy of classic pop tunes through his xenophobic views. It hurts so much more with Morrissey. I have not listened to the Smiths in over a year now and I do miss it. Suedehead came on the radio in work the other night and it is an absolutely glorious song. It is hard to differentiate between the man and his work. 

I need to bite the bullet and put some Smiths on. Thank fook for Johnny Marr. He is a must see for me at Glasto.

4 hours ago, Vanderlyle said:

It is a weak year for sure. No point denying that. Not just for personal taste but almost in all categories - big headliners, classic acts, surprises etc.

But it's still a line-up that is way way ahead of anywhere else. It's been a horrible year for festival lineups.

Yep - not doing Glasto this year, but when you look at the line ups at most other festivals, they don't hold a candle to this one.

2 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Genuinely can't tell the difference between James Arthur and Lewis Capaldi when I hear them. I'm sure one is much nicer than the other though. 

Mate, literally said the same to a friend of mine who's been banging on about Capaldi. He seems like a good laugh and nice bloke, but he is basically James Arthur. 

10 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Are there still some acts to come?  Just looking at Pyramid in 2016 & 2017 and there were 8 acts per day.  Down to 7 in 2019.

Other is the same - 9 per day in 2016 & 2017, down to 8 in 2019.

Definitely room for a Pyramid opener on both Friday and Saturday, unless the licence has changed

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Sure but there are safety concerns too. Especially when it comes to acts on the Other where an overstuffed field will mean people blocking up access bridges etc.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure their risk assessments are watertight, but it just seems a bit silly to cram the breakout star of the year onto the Other while Anne-Marie and Tom Odell are given Pyramid slots that their crowd sizes won't justify.

Tom Odell is such a blank space in my mind that I hadn't even noticed him there on the lineup.

No complaints, I’ll get round a lot more of the site this year, Friday for eg, once I’ve swung a flare at Bjorn Again won’t be back at the Pyramid till Saturday afternoon. 

Initial look see isn’t too bad clash wise for me either so got to be happy. 

Every chance this time I’ll get up the Greenfields and Cabaret as well more than normal 

• Like 1