"I'm never, ever doing that again!"

Woffy

35 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Definitely agree with the “taking more than you need” thing. I really, really hate having to lug stuff to/from the car. I’ve got my packing list down the bare minimum now, I don’t even bother taking booze, I just buy what I want on there.

My never again is to start going too hard too early in the day. It’s never gone well.

The first year my school mates and I went, we had all turned up with too much to carry and I think I actually had to stop half way to the camp site and have a cry. 

One of our mates on the other hand turned up with a plastic carrier bag with only a pillow and two pairs of socks. He had a great time. 

First glasto this year so this one is from Reading when I was 18.

Never again will I make an agreement with my pals that being sick = having your eyebrow partially shaved, get super drunk on the first night and eat a moody burger, vomit in my tent, leave my gf to clear it up and consequently having her fuming for the rest of the day after she's cleared it up upon seeing me with half an eyebrow missing. Best bit was that on the Monday I got home I had to take my ID picture for Uni, that haunted me for 4 years!

20 minutes ago, Quark said:

The thing I miss most is a couple of guys who don't really go anymore, who had absolutely no practical ability to put up a tent.  Provided a double whammy of entertainment, firstly sitting back with a tin and smoke watching them trying to put the thing up, and secondly (at least once over the weekend) watching them try to extricate themselves in the morning after it had collapsed on them overnight.

I will not make a half-arsed attempt at tying up walking boot laces because I'm was so excited to arrive in the car park (drive in trainers). 2016 - by the time I got to the campsite, my feet were raw with blisters and it pretty much wrecked my ability to walk/stand for the rest of the festival. (this was at Download).

I will not try to see every band that's playing, like a goon rushing from one field to the next.

I will however, go at it too hard on Wednesday even though every year I vow not to.

thanks to everyone on here - it has got me particularly excited about returning to the bumberclart antics of the festival

never say never [again] except perhaps to half pints of vodka/berocca for sunday breakfast

or remembering way too late that the idiom of 'if they were meant to be taken in halves they'd be smaller' is just plain foolish 

Edited by deschwah

Every year we say we’re not going to cane it until the sun comes up on Wednesday night into Thursday morning. We all say let’s stay relatively sensible, wander round the site eating heavily and drinking lightly. This has never happened. 

We’ll say the same this year. It will not happen this year. We’re not to be trusted.

Another vote for avoiding booze for breakfast. 

The last few festivals I’ve been to I’ve had a rule of not drinking until I’ve eaten two meals. 

Shock horror I’ve been able to stay up loads later and haven’t felt like shit at 2pm after a breakfast of warm cider and MDMA. 

• Like 1

Not drinking until 4pm earliest, always peak too early and miss out on the evening festivities.

Lug less stuff and just go to the car each day to pick up more supplies. Dragging my booze filled garden trolley through the mud in 2016 nearly ended me.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Drinking before breakfast is the whole point of going to Glastonbury festival

100% agree.

Can guarantee if I nodded to my neighbour whilst swigging a can of cider at 9am on a Wednesday there would be quizzical looks but do so at the festival and it's perfectly fine in fact your neighbour will probably even join you.

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Drinking before breakfast is the whole point of going to Glastonbury festival

Correct. Drinking the right thing is key. I’ve been a big advocate on here of White Russians for breakfast. Been wondering how the ban on plastic bottles being sold on site will affect getting a hold of fresh milk though? 

I will never again pack up my tent and leave on the Monday morning with not even an hours sleep and whilst its still slightly dark, my internal sat nav went wrong and I spent the next hour and a half wandering round the wrong car park looking for my can.

My missus has promised she will come back to the farm with me next year and should we be lucky enough to get tickets I will also never again underestimate the effects of the sun on her red headed features whilst dragging her round the site for hours on end.