"I'm never, ever doing that again!"

Woffy

6 hours ago, uscore said:

I was a bit disappointed with their afternoon/early evening set on the Other Stage another year, but as Park headliner they were great.

Haha, me too, the Other stage performance was dra, somehow. Shame I was too exhausted to see them headline in 2017, but at least the rest of the festival was great, despite how exhausted I was. Radiohead were immense. :)

3 hours ago, Bza said:

Never getting on the red wine and weed in the sheer volume I did in 2004.

Had been invited into a tipi to watch a folk band play the most beautiful and delicate music. The heat of all the people in the tipi made me start to head towards a whitey. Knew I wasn't going to get out in time and didn't want to disrespect my hosts by throwing up over their tipi. (the floor was covered in a very intricate looking handmade tapestry) 

In my addled state and sweaty haste I decided to put my mouth down my jumper and vomit thinking I could pool it in said jumper and try to sneak out.

It didn't work... 

Probably my most shameful moment at Glastonbury. 

I laughed out loud at this ???

Good try though. 

7 hours ago, Madyaker said:

This is what happened to me the one and only time I took ket, never again.

I've never really ruined myself at Glasto, I think I got most of that out of my system by the time I got around to attending. 

Serves me right for thinking I was invincible after a weekend of going mad. Nice little ego check for me.

19 hours ago, the beadle said:

Having worked for the Glade since it started in 2000, and having reached a ripe old age, I will never, ever go to Glastonbury again as a punter. I love it, I’ve been coming since 1982, but I need the onsite vehicle access and other perks the job brings to really enjoy it like I always have. Sorry but there you go. One of these days I’ll quit but hopefully that’s a long way off, and by the way, my job’s already promised to another.

Not sure I could go as a punter again I admit

18 hours ago, Bza said:

Never getting on the red wine and weed in the sheer volume I did in 2004.

Had been invited into a tipi to watch a folk band play the most beautiful and delicate music. The heat of all the people in the tipi made me start to head towards a whitey. Knew I wasn't going to get out in time and didn't want to disrespect my hosts by throwing up over their tipi. (the floor was covered in a very intricate looking handmade tapestry) 

In my addled state and sweaty haste I decided to put my mouth down my jumper and vomit thinking I could pool it in said jumper and try to sneak out.

It didn't work... 

Probably my most shameful moment at Glastonbury. 

hahahaha. Brilliant. Top try

The best part is the Probably statement :)

18 hours ago, Bza said:

I remember telling myself 'it's fine, you are being sick into yourself'. 

Weirdly made sense at the time. 

I was at a house party as a teenager many years ago, and we were on final warning from the host's mum that any more puke in the house and we were all done.  Spotted one of my mates (not even a good mate) starting to heave, so did the only thing I could think of to save the party.  Slammed a cupped hand under his chin and shoved him out the door with a handful of what I can only assume from smell and texture was a mixture of malibu and baileys.

I was not thrilled with him.

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

I was at a house party as a teenager many years ago, and we were on final warning from the host's mum that any more puke in the house and we were all done.  Spotted one of my mates (not even a good mate) starting to heave, so did the only thing I could think of to save the party.  Slammed a cupped hand under his chin and shoved him out the door with a handful of what I can only assume from smell and texture was a mixture of malibu and baileys.

I was not thrilled with him.

It is like your superhero skill. Cup hands Quark

Edited by fred quimby

2015. Croissant Neuf Tent. Nizlopi.

The crowd are asked to take a seat on the ground while the singer walks to the middle of the tent. There, he acoustically sings a lovely song about a loved one that’s passed away. There is silence and tears from the seated and peaceful crowd.

I’m furious, as during this moment someone’s phone starts to ring. Right as I was about to allow myself to cry! We’re all looking about to see who the douche is that’s ruining this moment. Who even has their phone on loud, anyways?! 

Holy shit. It’s me. 

I struggle to get my phone out my shorts pocket. I’m panicking. The singer is looking at me. The whole tent is looking at me it feels like.

I’ve ruined the moment. 

So, never again will I not double check my phone is on silent. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

2015. Croissant Neuf Tent. Nizlopi.

The crowd are asked to take a seat on the ground while the singer walks to the middle of the tent. There, he acoustically sings a lovely song about a loved one that’s passed away. There is silence and tears from the seated and peaceful crowd.

I’m furious, as during this moment someone’s phone starts to ring. Right as I was about to allow myself to cry! We’re all looking about to see who the douche is that’s ruining this moment. Who even has their phone on loud, anyways?! 

Holy shit. It’s me. 

I struggle to get my phone out my shorts pocket. I’m panicking. The singer is looking at me. The whole tent is looking at me it feels like.

I’ve ruined the moment. 

So, never again will I not double check my phone is on silent. 

Tbh, this is really egotistical of the singer, so in the grand scheme of things you probably did them a favour.  Even more so since 2015 was about 10 years after Nizlopi's one lamentable minor hit.

Edit - Wikipedia says they split in 2015, so maybe you gave them the nudge they needed.

Edited by fatyeti24

On 4/30/2019 at 11:52 AM, bombfrog said:

Never again will I start pissing into a 500ml Fanta bottle in the middle of the night without having a second empty one on standby.

A "double bottler" can surprise you.

I remember being genuinely surprised to learn that men cannot stop peeing in mid-stream.  I think it was a Richard Pryor routine many moons ago that first made me aware of this.

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I remember being genuinely surprised to learn that men cannot stop peeing in mid-stream.  I think it was a Richard Pryor routine many moons ago that first made me aware of this.

I may be unique then, I can manage it! Dont want to of course!

4 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

It's not impossible, just takes a but of effort.

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

I may be unique then, I can manage it! Dont want to of course!

I think it's because women use the same muscles for childbirth as for stopping peeing so it's easier for them (until you've had too many children and then......).   Sorry, probably too much information.  But I just had no idea it was different.   Sorry.......

Edited by Beerqueen

On 4/30/2019 at 10:29 AM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

K holed outside my tent one night. Could hear people laughing and kept picturing myself wriggling around in the mud being laughed at like on them videos. After a while I’d accepted my fate that I had finally gone insane and this was it for the rest of my days trapped in my head. 

Finally came around after what felt like a lifetime and crawled into my tent.

Horrendous. 

Is this your tent?

(I know it’s not, this is from Kendal Calling a couple of years ago99E7AAC7-F349-419E-8F1A-9D3ADB48F9AA.thumb.jpeg.eb427c4e9cf06d1d2274392e41ef75b1.jpeg

On 4/30/2019 at 10:29 AM, Quark said:

Ha, my brother made that mistake at BDs last year as it was his first camping festival. His tent was the one-man emergency bivvi he's got for his trekking in the Brecons. Was great fun watching him struggle to get dressed while I was enjoying the space in my 3-man :lol:

IMGP0890.thumb.JPG.43b6262fef87eaa9b1f68793e76d1314.JPG

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

This is the first im hearing of this... makes sense though!