Emily interview

dccool

7 minutes ago, LeeHC said:

Good- it means they're doing something right! 

Have Gammon just become more confident and have always been going to the festival or is it people that have never been before critiquing the lineup?

why is it surprising to them that Janelle Monáe might be booked for Glastonbury? Also I find it mad how many users on twitter have no idea who she is...

Hang on a minute, though.  Maybe the gammon have a point. 

The writing credits for her album reveal a number of other musicians and songwriters involved in the creative process.  She didn't even write the lead single, and it looks like other people were playing the instruments.

J'accuse Janelle! Not the sort of artist that Glastonbury should be booking at all but merely an attractive marionette designed and marketed to fleece the kiddies of their pocket money.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Have Gammon just become more confident and have always been going to the festival or is it people that have never been before critiquing the lineup?

why is it surprising to them that Janelle Monáe might be booked for Glastonbury? Also I find it mad how many users on twitter have no idea who she is...

As sure as night follows day, idiots on social media give opinions on subjects they know little or nothing about. It's not even a surprise anymore - you could literally announce anyone and there'll be people pissing and moaning about it. Best off ignoring.

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Announcing Janelle as a WH headliner but not giving away which day is a real fucker. I’m gonna assume she’s in the midst of a horrible clash and make my peace with it - if it turns out she isn’t then that’ll be a really nice surprise. 

Given that the efests rumours page seems pretty confident that it's Wu-Tang clan on the Saturday, and all her other UK dates are in July (starting on the Tuesday) - Sunday Night has to be the more likely option.

Not that it helps any, mind, as we're still not sure which way around Macca and The Cure are let alone what's happening on the rest of the site.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Given that the efests rumours page seems pretty confident that it's Wu-Tang clan on the Saturday, and all her other UK dates are in July (starting on the Tuesday) - Sunday Night has to be the more likely option.

Not that it helps any, mind, as we're still not sure which way around Macca and The Cure are let alone what's happening on the rest of the site.

Will the Wu-Tang defo headline? I'm going to be fuming if they clash with someone good on pyramid/other stage :(

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Any possibility that JM could headline the Friday or is it a non-starter?

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Any possibility that JM could headline the Friday or is it a non-starter?

Who knows.. She has both days free and Sunday fits naturally with her announced dates as it stands, but if she announces more then that could change.

49 minutes ago, jparx said:

I missed that - when/where was that mentioned? Does it mean the first poster will be acts by stage, Pyramid through the Park?

Haven't listened to the interview my self, was going by what others have mentioned

2 hours ago, CJTM said:

With 90% of acts booked, she said, it'll be a 2013 style poster big drop like the older times.

Prefer that over drip feed IMO

43 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm hoping if Sunday that The Cure are Sunday, I'd like to see them but I'll miss them, I won't miss Macca.