Emily interview

dccool

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Glastonbury gets the acts cheaper, and part of the trade-off for that is not announcing the acts early so they're able to sell tickets for other shows

So the measure is specifically targeting us - we who have our commitment to Glastonbury and in return they are hoping that we pay (a lot) extra to see acts twice. This stinks as much as secret sets.

2 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

So the measure is specifically targeting us - we who have our commitment to Glastonbury and in return they are hoping that we pay (a lot) extra to see acts twice. This stinks as much as secret sets.

Eh, do you need a cup of tea or something?

Why do you care so much?

3 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

not really, Glastonbury don't care whatsoever if you go to some other gigs or not. it makes no difference to them.

I really don't get what your point is TBH

Edited by ghostdancer1

Broadly speaking aside from headliners any act you see at Glastonbury is going to have a reduced set. If you like an act enough it's in your interests to pay to see them elsewhere. Not forgetting Glastonbury remains ridiculously good value for money given the amount of music you have access to over the 5 days.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Have you been before?

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Have you been before?

Yep, every year since 2010, and every year I spend money seeing an act that turns up on the line-up and every year I'm the other side of the site when a secret set of an artist I'd like to see is on. So, for me, both measures are negatives.

I probably do!!

It's just that on a limited budget, I'd can't afford to pay twice.

As others have said, if you're a big fan of an act go see them if you get the chance.  If not just cross your fingers like the rest of us.

The one certainty - it's not going to change because you're a bit crabby this morning ;) 

• Upvote 2

Yep, every year since 2010, and every year I spend money seeing an act that turns up on the line-up and every year I'm the other side of the site when a secret set of an artist I'd like to see is on. So, for me, both measures are negatives.

Ah I see chum

i always miss secret sets that I don’t have prior knowledge about.

I guess it’s just gods plan

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

But in return we get to see those acts for an overall fantastic value ticket price .... for £250 I still marvel at the amount that is put on for our entertainment 

41 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Help me out with the logic here, with 90% booked they could announce a lot of acts.

Most other festivals have already announced a major part of their line-up.

So, is it that they want us, specifically Glastonbury attendees, to shell out for the gigs of artists we'll already see in June?

It's not as if extra tickets will be sold, we're all committed. I don't understand why they want us to pay twice?

Because the acts want us to shell out to see them at other places than Glastonbury.  This helps Glasto is securing otherwise "exclusive" bookings and to negotiate a lower price.

3 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

More excited that we're gonna get the full main stage line up poster as the initial drop. I know we still won't have times but will mean not only knowing who is playing but where, gonna be much easier to work out headliner clashes at least.

I missed that - when/where was that mentioned? Does it mean the first poster will be acts by stage, Pyramid through the Park?

4 minutes ago, Bradders said:

She said the lineup was 90% booked but as there were thousands of acts it was hard to fit them all on one poster, so they usually put a few up front.

Sounds like she’s reaffirming we’ll get the usual “taster” poster first.

Yep, that's what I got from that

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Announcing Janelle as a WH headliner but not giving away which day is a real fucker. I’m gonna assume she’s in the midst of a horrible clash and make my peace with it - if it turns out she isn’t then that’ll be a really nice surprise. 

The genius of Glastonbury marketing. Release limited info, for free, and then let us lot and the media speculate and do the marketing for them.