Emily interview

dccool

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

The "rock/metal" slot is improving year by year in that case. Starting from Royal Blood its a low base granted. 

Skynyrd could work. Only need to play an hour. Although in terms of original members they're even less authentic than Mike Loves Beach Boys. 

An hour, free bird lasts longer than that,

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

The "rock/metal" slot is improving year by year in that case. Starting from Royal Blood its a low base granted. 

Skynyrd could work. Only need to play an hour. Although in terms of original members they're even less authentic than Mike Loves Beach Boys. 

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

And not many people will know more than 2 songs

While I would absolutely love SK to be there, maybe their support act would be more likely. Who doesn't know a bunch of Quo songs ? And even if you don't they're not hard to pick up :D

4 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Metal slot 

Bon Jovi 

dont wanna be that guy, but focking fock me focking hell no 

edit: hey I thought there was a swear filter! Sorry. Amended for delicate eyes! 

I think it only works for w*nker.

And Bon Jovi won't be there, they're too big for the fiver payment that the Eavises must be paying this year for the shockers that are confirmed / heavily rumoured.

Apart from Kylie, she's great.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Radio X somehow coming up with that interview adding to speculation about The Cure headlining this year. They clutch at more straws than we do.

https://amp.radiox.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/emily-eavis-adds-fuel-rumours-2019-headliners/?__twitter_impression=true

To be fair she specifically name dropped The Cure near the start of the interview as being one of her fav bands that first got her interested in the festival properly. Nothing to suggest for this year but the fact that she  randomly name dropped them is enough for some journos. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Mötley Crüe blew everyone away on the day. Van Halen could've snatched it but by the time we'd stood through a guitar, bass, drum and samurai sword solo, there wasn't much time for many songs.

The only time I have ever seen Van Halen and Dave's in between song schtick aside it was a colossal disappointment. I don't mind the odd solo, but in a short set they are unneccessary and let's face it Michael Anthony is no Billy Sheehan when it comes to bass playing. IIRC didn't Eddie play the Jump solo on keyboards as well.

The 84 Monsters of Rock was an absolute classic day out just a shame VH didn't turn up. Nearly missed Crüe they were on a bit early and we had to leg it in from the car park!

9 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

The only time I have ever seen Van Halen and Dave's in between song schtick aside it was a colossal disappointment. I don't mind the odd solo, but in a short set they are unneccessary and let's face it Michael Anthony is no Billy Sheehan when it comes to bass playing. IIRC didn't Eddie play the Jump solo on keyboards as well.

The 84 Monsters of Rock was an absolute classic day out just a shame VH didn't turn up. Nearly missed Crüe they were on a bit early and we had to leg it in from the car park!

It my only time seeing them too, such a shame. I did get to see Dave plenty of times afterwards though, greatest front man ever and what a band.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Does this interview elevate George Ezra to 'friend of the festival' status with the likes of Coldplay and Elbow? Thereby guaranteeing him as a SR at every festival to come on that basis alone.

Well he said it himself.... its an honour to play the festival and be asked. So even though he is headlining 2 other festivals (i think its 2) he is the type of person who will be more than happy to take a sub slot or some other offer. He loves the festival with a passion it seems.  So he may even be playing this year. 

Edited by Havors

Enjoyed the interview this morning while working. Could listen to Emily talk about the festival all day! Not much particularly new, but backs up a lot of what we've picked up on here over the years. Definitely got a higher opinion of Ezra now, even if I have no interest in his music.

18 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I enjoyed seeing them that time and loved that album. You're right though that the hype is gone. I reckon that will have been their peak. The new stuff isn't great and didn't help with an embarrassing performance on Sunday Brunch!

I think BMTH area a truly bad band, who have no idea who their audience is, but I've just looked up that performance and there's nothing wrong with it.