The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

was it 2014 we had a brief storm and the stages had to be shut down? I don't have any overriding memories of that being a bad weekend or drowning or anything, there were some heavy downpours throughout though.

Had my favorite line-up since 09 though so that may have helped the memories...

• Upvote 1

Last night the BBC and Met Office, for where I live, had thunder forecast from midnight onwards with very heavy rain this morning. The % chances were 80% upwards.

It rained lightly in the night, no thunder, no lightning and has not rained since around 5am.

Pinches of salt needed all round.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Norwegians have updated. 

Rain when we're setting up on Wednesday and then nearly 20mm of rain on Thursday which will turn the place to total shit.

Bollocks..... As a polite rejoinder

This thread is proper addictive although I haven't a clue what is going on and still no idea if it's going to be dry, wet, cold, hot, mud bath, dust swirls, cloud, thunder, lighting, baking...but I keep reading anyway.  Regardless of the weather I'm packing the same as every other time (walking boots, shorts, T-Shirt and waterproof with a spare set of clothes in case I get drenched) so I'm just in it for the fun and to satisfy my OCD needs.  Once we are 72 hours out I'll take it a little more seriously though in believing the predictions.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, gordong said:

How are we getting so many different forecasts this morning, it’s all over the place?!

Because we are on a completely knife-edge with the possible plume of hot air from northern Europe vs. a pocket of low pressure vs. the plume of hot air staying in France.

Just now, gordong said:

How are we getting so many different forecasts this morning, it’s all over the place?!

Probs due to the fact that it's all based on people's opinions on charts and satellite runs. Nobody really knows 100% until it happens but they all can have a guess. Lets just hope the ones having an educated guess are the ones saying it will be decent

I have mates onsite doing the Block 9 build, they have been doing it for years, and they told me that the ground conditions onsite are already a fair bit worse than they were in 2016, the last muddy year, described by Eavis as "the muddiest ever". 

they arent allowed to disclose any pictures, but have told me where the artics and heavy machinery have been driving is just pure bog and muck.  

1 minute ago, Snooker Cue said:

I have mates onsite doing the Block 9 build, they have been doing it for years, and they told me that the ground conditions onsite are already a fair bit worse than they were in 2016, the last muddy year, described by Eavis as "the muddiest ever". 

they arent allowed to disclose any pictures, but have told me where the artics and heavy machinery have been driving is just pure bog and muck.  

And it will all dry out over the next four days.

And with the pictures and videos around of 2016, I have to call bullshit.

Edited by briddj

so far after looking at all the weather reports what i can get is

1. it will rain

2. it won;t rain all the time

3. we will get some sun  (don't forget sun cream, even if the sun comes out for an hour you will get burnt)

4. warm enough for shorts

5. I am going to have a fucking awesome time even if it all changes and i see Noah going past in an ark

• Like 1

Just now, Snooker Cue said:

Oh look its sockpupppet account again. 

I also have friends onsite- they say the ground was wet but grassy as vehicles aren't allowed on the grass. 

• Like 1