The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Still on trend for low pressure coming in from the west middle of next week coupled with the plume of heat from the continent particularly Thursday, make me more than nervous for some tasty thunderstorms. Definitely still on a knife edge, could go either way

Edited by Jackomanaco

10 minutes ago, Jackomanaco said:

Still on trend for low pressure coming in from the west middle of next week coupled with the plume of heat from the continent particularly Thursday, make me more than nervous for some tasty thunderstorms. Definitely still on a knife edge, could go either way

If the ground remains firm until midweek (and the forecast is decent), it will take something bigger than 2005 to ruin the party.

11 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

BBC weather now saying rain for Monday, Tuesday and pretty much ALL DAY Wednesday next week. I'm pretty much convinced now that we're going to have a muddy one. Just how muddy is the question......

If you look at the BBC rain map for Wednesday, though, the rain passes over around 7am then it's clear the rest of the day. BBC saying "rain all day Wednesday" isn't really the full story. 

All in all, it looks like the BBC forecast fits largely with the update above from briddj. BBC just doesn't give that much detail on the long range forecast and just says "rain all day Wednesday", when that's not quite what they mean!

13 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

BBC weather now saying rain for Monday, Tuesday and pretty much ALL DAY Wednesday next week. I'm pretty much convinced now that we're going to have a muddy one. Just how muddy is the question......

That symbol on weds means ‘showers and sun’, not ‘rain all day’ (let alone in caps).

11 minutes ago, Homer said:

That symbol on weds means ‘showers and sun’, not ‘rain all day’ (let alone in caps).

Showers = rain. Believe me I want to remain as positive as anyone but as time goes by, more and more rain is being forecast for the start and middle of next week. Not being funny, but I'm no novice - this will be my 16th Glastonbury. And I know that the kind of rainfall being predicted now is going to damage the ground. How much is what concerns me now.

Just now, Duggyfresh44 said:

Showers = rain. Believe me I want to remain as positive as anyone but as time goes by, more and more rain is being forecast for the start and middle of next week. Not being funny, but I'm no novice - this will be my 16th Glastonbury. And I know that the kind of rainfall being predicted now is going to damage the ground. How much is what concerns me now.

Click on it - it says chances of rain are about 20% at any given time. Once again, not rain ALL DAY.

26 minutes ago, fuzzy_logic said:

Met office now updated to Tuesday has it looking good graphics wise, however when you read the accompanying dialogue it sounds crap ?!?

Yeah I noticed that. I assume their current modelling has rain coming in but missing Pilton. Which might mean that all of a sudden during today / tomorrow a load of heavy rain symbols appear as if by magic. 

The ensembles for Somerset from the 00z GFS show low pressure potentially arriving over the festival weekend and there will be some rain over the festival period but again not copious amounts.  Temps around 18-20 by day 11-13 by night 

somerAP.jpg

somerC.jpg

somerT.jpg

Edited by Aragorn

The 00z shows alot of rain Tuesday and Thursday at the moment but it is the green run from the precipitation chart above and as you can see it does not have a great deal of support from other members although the means suggests we will have rain