The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

44 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Amusing how some are losing their shit over a small amount of rain over a few days claiming the ground will be churned up. People seem to forget we still had some rain in 2017 all be it early mornings and then it dried up. 

Whatever happens at this stage it would take some biblical rain for 2016 style conditions now, I think we are heading for a mix of weather with some rain but warm enough to dry it during the day. I'll take that in comparison to what it could have been. 

Not 'losing my shit' - just discussing the weather on the weather thread and giving my opinion. Which could well be wrong. Is that ok? 

56 minutes ago, Anarion said:

Ever heard of sunscreen/suntan lotion? I honestly can't fathom how 27 degrees is tough to handle.

I'm with you on this!  27 is about my optimum temperature!  Hot sun, with a nice breeze and a beer.  As long as it get cloudy at night to keep the warmth in, this is my perfection!

6 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Not 'losing my shit' - just discussing the weather on the weather thread and giving my opinion. Which could well be wrong. Is that ok? 

Nothing wrong with that at all, I just think you are over reacting which is my opinion

Edited by Doug85

3 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

I'm with you on this!  27 is about my optimum temperature!  Hot sun, with a nice breeze and a beer.  As long as it get cloudy at night to keep the warmth in, this is my perfection!

The breeze is key though: 

27°C with a nice breeze = perfection

27°C with no breeze and muggy = horrid

5 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

27°C sitting on a beach or by a pool with a nice breeze = perfection

27°C with no breeze and muggy or standing in a large crowd with no shade or when trying to sleep in a tent = horrid

corrected for you :)

6 minutes ago, briddj said:

Positive development: "Pretty good support from mean charts (on Thursday) for the upper trough stalling west. Worth noting I couldn't find a single ECM ensemble member that had this evolution just 24 hours ago."

Thank you for your updates - I for one am extremely grateful for your endeavours! Keep the positive developments coming...

13 hours ago, Mr Splodge said:

Ok here goes.

bin painting today was brutal.  Rain all day not heavy but persistent ground VERY wet.  We still have grass because no one can drive on it but it’s very wet.  Tracks are about 2inches deep with a mixture of water and mud.

rain is (I am told forecast most of tomorrow) please pray it misses the site..

hopefully things will dry up from Thursday.

sorry it’s not a positive update but it’s a honest update.

I will post a update tomorrow.

Above taken from State of the Ground Thread. 

Glastocam showing murky today and looks like it's raining.

What's needed now are a few warm drying days. Don't want consecutive rainy days with a heavy shower during fest. That's what makes Glasto v muddy!

Fingers crossed

Just now, mcmenace said:

Thank you for your updates - I for one am extremely grateful for your endeavours! Keep the positive developments coming...

People are going a little over the top, though I fully understand why. If we had that rain forecast PLUS temperatures of 15-16 like was the case last week, then we would indeed be fucked. But it's just not the case, and the rain isn't showing as being during the day meaning the days are completely free for maximum drying. The site would be like one big tumble-dryer (for ground conditions). Fear not!

2 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Above taken from State of the Ground Thread. 

Glastocam showing murky today and looks like it's raining.

What's needed now are a few warm drying days. Don't want consecutive rainy days with a heavy shower during fest. That's what makes Glasto v muddy!

Fingers crossed

Should be dry from midday now and warm to weekend. It’s after that things get, well, into the unknown 

It's totally out of our hands so let's just embrace the uncertainty! Bottom line is be prepared. We all know what British weather is like, storms and torrential rain one minute to blistering sun the next. Raincoats and wellies, sunscreen and hats. Sticky mud is hard work, just have another few pints. Hot sun is also hard work, stay hydrated! :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, briddj said:

People are going a little over the top, though I fully understand why. If we had that rain forecast PLUS temperatures of 15-16 like was the case last week, then we would indeed be fucked. But it's just not the case, and the rain isn't showing as being during the day meaning the days are completely free for maximum drying. The site would be like one big tumble-dryer (for ground conditions). Fear not!

Your updates are sensible and easy to understand so I'm sticking with these. I appreciate it could all change but as long as the weather is absolutely nothing like 2007's festival, I'll be happy.