Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Robbie's arena tour hasn't sold as well as expected, starts in a couple of weeks and pretty much every night still has tickets available.

It's incredibly expensive.

I'd imagine he's planning some outdoor UK gigs in the Summer which will be announced once the arena dates are over. The random Oslo date in June is probably more an indication of that than anything else.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Robbie's arena tour hasn't sold as well as expected, starts in a couple of weeks and pretty much every night still has tickets available.

No arena tours are really selling right now, though, particularly at a high price point like £80+ – I don't think it reflects his popularity necessarily. Kendrick still has loads left, Arcade Fire wasn't great, Little Mix struggled to shift, and even someone as massive as Dua only sold out hers a couple of weeks before it started. From memory only N Dubz(!) really smashed it this year.

I think he'd do alright doing the BST/a bunch of smaller stadiums circuit next summer if they got the promo and price point right. It's just a weird market right now for everyone.

10 minutes ago, gordong said:

The ticket system for that four tet show is so weird, had to submit all my details including number of tickets and card payment (which was only a pre-auth for £1) and then I need to wait until start of October to see if I’m successful. 

Assuming he’ll add a Friday date in there?

8 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

I’ve never seen this type of sign up in my life. Is this new going forward to beat touts?

do I bother signing up to both shows? 

Its been done over here a couple times. Madonna on her theater tour she did for Madame X and Paramore just did it last week for a couple of underplay shows in LA. Phish have been doing this for years for their tours to get 90% of tickets into their fans hands directly. But thats with their own ticketing system and not ticketmaster. As much as it sounds like its controlling touts, you really are even more at the mercy of sheer randomness instead of controlling your purchase. I just wonder if FT adds a date that anyone who had a request denied will just automatically be shifted towards that new date.

If you sign up for both gigs you can get tickets for both. Although they likely will do their direct ticket exchange for these gigs and you can give up spares for cost and nothing more. Enjoy the new normal!

18 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

I’ve never seen this type of sign up in my life. Is this new going forward to beat touts?

do I bother signing up to both shows? 

It’s happened for sporting events such as the Olympics and the Euros. You give them your card details and the games/events you want and if you’re lucky in the draw they charge you automatically.