Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

No goals in 5 games

I’ve been one of Southgate’s biggest defenders, but I have also never been optimistic about our chances in Qatar. The timing and climate is against us and I can’t see how we can perform in the conditions over there, I’ve already written it off mentally.

People dislike Southgate because he’s pragmatic, thoughtful and not the jingoistic “passhun lads!!” manager that stupid people think is all you need to succeed at this level. People seem to think you just cram an XI full of the likes of Grealish, Foden, whoever else this week’s clamour is for and plain old English spirit will take care of the rest.

Whatever happens in Qatar he has been the most successful England manager in my lifetime, that is a fact. Compare where we are now and how far we’ve come to the shitshow he inherited.

People think a semi and a final in two tournaments is somehow not good enough for a side who have routinely crashed out quarters at best for most of the last three decades. Southgate has been great for this country, and whilst I agree that it probably is time to move on he has laid solid foundations for the next guy to improve on…

… and no I could not give any less of a fuck about the Nations League.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Got to be either this or wants all the money to himself

Yeah don't underestimate the cost saving if your entire venue rider is just a single mic and something to play a backing track on. Not just on the cost of the band itself, but all the gear and the crew to set up all that gear. They can drive from gig to gig in his car, no tour bus needed.

The entire tour crew is likely him and a mate who drives him around and presses play at the right points. Wouldn't surprise me if there was no tour promoter involved either. 

12 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Yeah don't underestimate the cost saving if your entire venue rider is just a single mic and something to play a backing track on. Not just on the cost of the band itself, but all the gear and the crew to set up all that gear. They can drive from gig to gig in his car, no tour bus needed.

The entire tour crew is likely him and a mate who drives him around and presses play at the right points. Wouldn't surprise me if there was no tour promoter involved either. 

He could just play the backing track off his phone to the PA if he wanted to save a few more quid.

Stevie Wonder did similar in Dublin a few years ago. Sang some stuff, then stopped the show and played Amy Winehouse, Bowie and Jacko over the PA while him and then band just sat there not playing. 

We Are Scientists, the New York duo confirm new UK & Ireland tour for February/March 2023,

Manchester Gorilla, 19 Feb
Belfast The Limelight 2, 20
Dublin Whelans, 21
Glasgow Oran Mor, 23
Newcastle Northumbria Students Union, 24
Leeds The Wardrobe, 26
Bristol Thekla, 26
Birmingham O2 Institute 2, 28
Nottingham Rescue Rooms, 01 March
Southampton Engine Rooms, 02
London KOKO, 03

22 minutes ago, zahidf said:

We Are Scientists, the New York duo confirm new UK & Ireland tour for February/March 2023,

Dublin Whelans, 21
Glasgow Oran Mor, 23
Leeds The Wardrobe, 26
Bristol Thekla, 26
London KOKO, 03

Gorilla would be a great venue for them

The Go! Team, the band confirm new UK tour for spring 2023,

Cambridge Junction, 03 March
Reading Sub89, 09
Newcastle Boiler Shop, 11
Bristol The Fleece, 12
Nottingham Rescue Rooms, 16
Sheffield Leadmill, 17
Edinburgh Liquid Room, 18
Glasgow Galvanizers SWG3, 19
Manchester Gorilla, 25
London Lafayette, 31
Brighton Chalk, 01 April

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Dublin Whelans, 21
Glasgow Oran Mor, 23
Leeds The Wardrobe, 26
Bristol Thekla, 26
London KOKO, 03

duo? Weren't they a trio?