2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Huh? Is 1995 your year of birth or your actual age?

Year of birth haha from the uk too. Two of my favourite contemporary artist's are Gary Clark Jr and Markus King if that shines a bit of light on why I didnt know.

Edited by Xeph1995
  • Downvote 2

I'm actually fairly confident that Taylor Swift is going to perform next year. Not necessarily headline, but perform. Here are my reasons:

A) They have been after her for years but between the time that they began to think like this and now she has become the biggest female pop star in the World -  fact

B ) She must be surprisingly affordable - has  played for the BBC Big Weekend slot on two occasions.

C) On neither of the above did she actually headline - content to play second fiddle to Foo Fighters and Florence.

D) By next June the mega scale Reputation tour will be long past and it will be just about the time she will be itching to perform in front of a massive crowd again. This is one act that definitely doesn't feel the need to have their entire "show" to make the audience go nuts.

E) Her best buddy Ed Sheeran has done it and do you honestly think he hasn't tried to convince her that it's a smart move?

29 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

I'm actually fairly confident that Taylor Swift is going to perform next year. Not necessarily headline, but perform. Here are my reasons:

A) They have been after her for years but between the time that they began to think like this and now she has become the biggest female pop star in the World -  fact

B ) She must be surprisingly affordable - has  played for the BBC Big Weekend slot on two occasions.

C) On neither of the above did she actually headline - content to play second fiddle to Foo Fighters and Florence.

D) By next June the mega scale Reputation tour will be long past and it will be just about the time she will be itching to perform in front of a massive crowd again. This is one act that definitely doesn't feel the need to have their entire "show" to make the audience go nuts.

E) Her best buddy Ed Sheeran has done it and do you honestly think he hasn't tried to convince her that it's a smart move?

I would bloody love to see Taylor there! A few years ago I’d have only seen her as a headliner but after Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran (time before last) I could definitely see her going 2nd or 3rd Pyramid. Taylor into Elton would be magic!

45 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

Give the fucking swift a rest....she sells out stupidly quicker whatever she does and is still massive. She's not subbing, or playing 3rd on the Pyramid and no matter how much she talks to Ed who was already very open to playing Glastonbury and other festivals in lower slots and working his way up is going to change that.

• Downvote 3

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Give the fucking swift a rest....she sells out stupidly quicker whatever she does and is still massive. She's not subbing, or playing 3rd on the Pyramid and no matter how much she talks to Ed who was already very open to playing Glastonbury and other festivals in lower slots and working his way up is going to change that.

Hey, I'm just saying. Personally, I want Led Zeppelin to do it for posterity and I want to see Pearl Jam on that stage. Its long overdue,

59 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

Ed Sheeran said himself that she won't play Glastonbury because she likes to be in control of her own show. Those 25-minute slots at BBC and Capital FM events are a compromise to be in good with the media here that promotes her new music and whatnot - and the lack of headline status is probably because that's the length she's willing to perorm.

I'm hitching my wagon behind Gaga/The Cure/P McC, I reckon that's a solid trio. Three I'd watch if I'm free that evening and know they'd put on a great show, but also three I wouldn't be upset to miss if there's a better proposition elsewhere. It's a bit white, but decent diversity of genre, and not too safe. All three of them are a big deal, but nobody like Ed Sheeran or Adele or Foos who'll just eclipse everybody else and attract a swarm of instagrammers next year.

37 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm hitching my wagon behind Gaga/The Cure/P McC, I reckon that's a solid trio. Three I'd watch if I'm free that evening and know they'd put on a great show, but also three I wouldn't be upset to miss if there's a better proposition elsewhere. It's a bit white, but decent diversity of genre, and not too safe. All three of them are a big deal, but nobody like Ed Sheeran or Adele or Foos who'll just eclipse everybody else and attract a swarm of instagrammers next year.

I still fear Gaga will be a lost headliner; if it's not 2019 or 2020 then it's never as far as I can see. I don't doubt for a minute (health issues aside) that she'd be up for headlining which makes it odd to me that the festival has never bagged her. Presumably it's just the touring stars have never aligned. 

53 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm hitching my wagon behind Gaga/The Cure/P McC, I reckon that's a solid trio. 

I agree, my prediction has been updated to those three also. The Cure because the info seems to be pointing that way, Macca for similar reasons and Gaga for some diversity and because I went to see 'A Star is Born' on Saturday and I honestly think she would smash it.