2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

On 10/4/2018 at 5:36 AM, BlackZeppelin said:

Have  Metallica been discussed?

Big gap in their UK Euro tour at the end of June.

Lars is a massive Glasto convert.

Very much doubt it, just because the last time is so fresh in the mind y’know?

On another note...

Surely they must have at least one female headliner? Or at least a band that’s not all men?

5 hours ago, RandyFishcake said:

Very much doubt it, just because the last time is so fresh in the mind y’know?

On another note...

Surely they must have at least one female headliner? Or at least a band that’s not all men?

While I completely agree with the sentiment, they've got precedent for all male (and all white) headliners: 2013, 2009 stand out in recent memory.

I dunno if it even matters too much in a given year if all the headliners are male as long as the rest of the line up brings the XX chromosome power.  Stack the rest of the day on the Pyramid with the likes of Kylie, Dua Lipa, Mavis Staples, Lana Del Rey, Jorja Smith, Sigrid, etc and most people wouldn't be too worried.

Then next year book Madonna, Fleetwood Mac and Rihanna.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno if it even matters too much in a given year if all the headliners are male as long as the rest of the line up brings the XX chromosome power.  Stack the rest of the day on the Pyramid with the likes of Kylie, Dua Lipa, Mavis Staples, Lana Del Rey, Jorja Smith, Sigrid, etc and most people wouldn't be too worried.

Then next year book Madonna, Fleetwood Mac and Rihanna.

LDR on Other next time. And yup Madonna and FM that easy haha.

I had a dream last night.

I was at Glastonbury. It was really nice and sunny and they had a water park there. Y'know, huge swimming pool, lots of slides etc. It was really fun. Then I went and flirted with some girl but it was just a ruse to pinch her burger. Then I went over to a food stall and they were selling.... The Cure-inspired food.

confirmed lads 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mf_2005 said:

Got a mate who works at a booking agency, who has a mate who works at a bigger booking agency (I know, I know). She says Stormzy is booked to headline. Make of that what you will.

Dunno why people are downvoting this. We don't really have much info on anyone but The Cure and Macca, and with The Cure now ruled out of the Friday it's hardly out of the question for it to be Stormzy/The Cure/Macca. Obviously most of us are predicting Arctic Monkeys but it's mostly just guessing.

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I was at Glastonbury. It was really nice and sunny and they had a water park there. Y'know, huge swimming pool, lots of slides etc. It was really fun. Then I went and flirted with some girl but it was just a ruse to pinch her burger. Then I went over to a food stall and they were selling.... The Cure-inspired food.

confirmed lads 

why are all your post about flirting with girls? 

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

confirmed lads 

Haha, I had a dream a few nights back that they released the entire lineup now and neither of the rumours (Cure, Macca, AM) were there. The headliners were The Rolling Stones, Kendrick and Madonna. :D

18 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK?

17 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah I agree. This is the first I've heard about Mexican Ben having gone, you have to explain, I'm having a conniption over here.

We asked where he was at a gig earlier in the year, apparently he's "gone nine to five". They've had a bloke called Greg playing with them the last few times I've seen them.