2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

35 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I was just thinking how they could slot in given Neils info about them (and Macca) playing and the Rock Wertcher announcement. I could see a world in if they were desperate to play they would take sub (have no idea how old they are to know if they're thinking of splitting up soon and this'd be the last time to do Glasto?)

So at this point do you just think they're not playing then and Neils info is wrong?

I think you have to ask yourself if the Cure are headlining Wercheter (a festival as old and almost as big as Glastonbury), why would they then accept a sub at Glastonbury. It would make no sense.

Sake. I come on here and see all kinds of talk about The Strokes, only to see it's referring to them playing elsewhere.

I know they won't headline Pyramid, but if they headlined Other, it'd be fucking phenomenal. Pure power and absolute bangers beyond belief. 

How has me imagining The Strokes being there made me more nervous for Sunday?

I hate this site.

?

Edited by Stokesy10

3 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

I think we’re all forgetting someone obvious for one of the headliner slots.

Friend of the festival, has played a few times before, younger than Paul McCartney, edgy enough for the Friday night headliner and probably just about to ready to make the step up to the Pyramid.

C2EC2D1D-30D1-47E8-A1BC-3BE282CD9EC7.jpeg

Is that Mumford and sons?

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The other problem The Strokes have these days is that nobody cares about anything they've done since Room On Fire, think their sets these days are just everything off Is This It then a couple of singles from the other albums.

EDIT: Except for Juicebox of course, which is a stone cold banger.

Machu Picchu is also a stone cold banger which people should definitely care about.

1 hour ago, cdm22 said:

Although no Benson anymore so just 'and bros' which doesn't work so well.

59 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK?

Yeah I agree. This is the first I've heard about Mexican Ben having gone, you have to explain, I'm having a conniption over here.

1 hour ago, beau1 said:

I think you have to ask yourself if the Cure are headlining Wercheter (a festival as old and almost as big as Glastonbury), why would they then accept a sub at Glastonbury. It would make no sense.

Exactly, but I can't see Cure doing 2 nights in a row hence why I was asking if there was any precedence lol

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK?

52 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Yeah I agree. This is the first I've heard about Mexican Ben having gone, you have to explain, I'm having a conniption over here.

Yep, sorry to say he left around Dec/Jan time...and everyone thought it was Johnny who had an offer from another ******* band!

Edited by cdm22

47 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Exactly, but I can't see Cure doing 2 nights in a row hence why I was asking if there was any precedence lol

The Cure headlined Reading and Leeds festivals one day after another in 2012 so I can't see Belgium-Somerset being a problem. 

Also The Cure said they are headlining around 20 festivals in 2019, with that amount there are likely to be a couple of consecutive days.

Edited by beau1
Grammar

38 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

Why not? No doubt in my mind if they do play they will headline.

Assumed that the wouldnt wanna finish in the morning in belguim, then fly to the UK with all their gear in time to play the next evening.

Just checked their last tour dates and they always left 2 days gap, but admittedly they will have less stuff than their own tour so maybe its possible? Still seems unlikely to me

Just now, beau1 said:

The Cure headlined Reading and Leeds festivals one day after another in 2012 so I can't see Belgium-Somerset being a problem. 

Also The Cure said they were headlining around 20 festivals in 2019, with that amount there are likely to be a couple of consecutive days.

Alright fair enough then :P

25 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Shallows just debuted at 13 on the charts, Gaga coming for that headline slot....

That song starts perfect for a Pyramid sub slot. If this is a sign of her new stuff I can see a rise again...there is some Adele-esque tune in there.

I think she's going to be a wildcard there how no one saw Katy Perry coming. Defo on Stormzy, Gaga and Liam as subs...with those headliners it's a huge top line.

Edited by thewayiam

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Shallows just debuted at 13 on the charts, Gaga coming for that headline slot....

With any luck Gaga's solo version of 'I'll Never Love Again' will become this decade's 'I Will Always Love You', and then provide the Glastonbury moment to end all moments.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy