2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Dunno why people are downvoting this. We don't really have much info on anyone but The Cure and Macca, and with The Cure now ruled out of the Friday it's hardly out of the question for it to be Stormzy/The Cure/Macca. Obviously most of us are predicting Arctic Monkeys but it's mostly just guessing.

If all the word of mouth rumours are true then we’re on Stormzy/Mumfords/The Cure.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Good night, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

There'll never be another like him. We are bereft.

There will be others but there will never be another Benson.

20180526_150642.thumb.jpg.0030e46e00dc78f39fd8020bf0cc058f.jpg

Surely  the Big 50 will see some sort of collaborating and enormo-names on stage...So

Friday - Artics, subbed by Stormzy.  Some sort of 'classic' 90's type enormo band on the Other

Saturday - Fleetwood Mac, subbed by Eagles.   Current fave but not quite Pyramid on the Other with less DadRock vibe.

Sunday - MCartney & guests - subbed by the Cure.  'Edgier' option on the Other.  Chemical Bros maybe... 

Unless there is an Oasis sized disruption ( Maybe Saturday in that case)

Metallica secret gig (Park).   

But - what do I care?  I retired form Glastonbury in 2016, hitting 18 joy filled festivals over 21 years - stopping aged 50 as there seemed to be enough stars aligned to call it day before having a bad one.

Hopefully it will all look good on TV. 

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I had a dream last night.

I was at Glastonbury. It was really nice and sunny and they had a water park there. Y'know, huge swimming pool, lots of slides etc. It was really fun. Then I went and flirted with some girl but it was just a ruse to pinch her burger. Then I went over to a food stall and they were selling.... The Cure-inspired food.

confirmed lads 

Well I had a Glastonbury dream last night where Bon Jovi did a normal gig on the Pyramid and then just Jon came back on to host some sort of game show (he came back on at the head of a military horse procession wearing a red soldiers outfit but I dont think thats important). I was sitting on the left hand side of the stage sorting cds with a work colleague and there was a safety curtain like you get in a theatre. When that was over I hotfooted it back to my accommodation which was a butlins type chalet and met some mates to do some tree climbing.

2 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Well I had a Glastonbury dream last night where Bon Jovi did a normal gig on the Pyramid and then just Jon came back on to host some sort of game show (he came back on at the head of a military horse procession wearing a red soldiers outfit but I dont think thats important). I was sitting on the left hand side of the stage sorting cds with a work colleague and there was a safety curtain like you get in a theatre. When that was over I hotfooted it back to my accommodation which was a butlins type chalet and met some mates to do some tree climbing.

Quite good, but not even a little bit of flirting, with an ulterior motive? Could you try again tonight??

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Good.

I feel like we're being a bit too complacent about the threat of Mumford & Sons. It's alright us saying they're yesterday's jam but it seems like the rest of the biggest festivals in Europe are booking them as headliners next year, that latest arena tour shows they're not lowering their sights and, crucially, they're friends of the farm. Seems like kind of a low risk option.

44 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I feel like we're being a bit too complacent about the threat of Mumford & Sons. It's alright us saying they're yesterday's jam but it seems like the rest of the biggest festivals in Europe are booking them as headliners next year, that latest arena tour shows they're not lowering their sights and, crucially, they're friends of the farm. Seems like kind of a low risk option.

If it ends up happening I'm holding you personally responsible.

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The upside would be a night away from the Pyramid at least.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Next year is also Chinese year of the banjo.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

To be honest having three big headliners isn’t always a good thing. Ended up seeing all three in 2017 and I felt like I might have missed out on a lot. So if Mumford were to play it wouldn’t be that bad of a thing.

Mumford won't be headlining....it wasn't the craziest turn out last time and tbf they are back for the cash. If their tour sells well then they'll be fine yet. 2021 before you see them.

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Yep Mumfords are playing. You pricks with tickets are getting Mumfords & Sons/Kings of Leon/Coldplay and you're going to be fucking grateful for it.

Looks like id spending my nights at every other stage.. Couldn't name 3 more terrible bands if I tried.

When do we think first announcement will happen?