2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, jackdavidchan said:

FLEETWOOD MAC ARE NOW 1/2 TO HEADLINE. Does anybody know why?!

Apparently they’ll be in the UK ‘in the middle of the year’

Incidently, their US tour has started, this is the setlist:

1. “The Chain”
2. “Little Lies”
3. “Dreams”
4. “Second Hand News” (Neil Finn on vocals)
5. “Say You Love Me”
6. “Black Magic Woman” (1968 single, Stevie Nicks on vocals)
7. “Everywhere”
8. “I Got You” (Split Enz cover, Finn on vocals)
9. “Rhiannon”
10. “Tell Me All the Things You Do” (from Kiln House, 1970)
11. “Storms”
12. “World Turning” (featuring drum / percussion duel)
13. “Hypnotized” (from Mystery to Me, 1973, Finn on vocals)
14. “Oh Well” (Mike Campbell on vocals)
15. “Don’t Dream It’s Over” (Crowded House cover, Finn and Nicks duet)
16. “Landslide”
17. “Isn’t It Midnight” (from Tango in the Night, 1987)
18. “Monday Morning”
19. “You Make Loving Fun”
20. “Gold Dust Woman”
21. “Go Your Own Way”
encore
22. “Free Fallin'” (Tom Petty cover, Nicks on vocals)
23. “Don’t Stop”
24. “All Over Again” (From Time, 1995 – Nicks and Christine McVie on vocals)

Just now, henry bear said:

Apparently they’ll be in the UK ‘in the middle of the year’

Incidently, their US tour has started, this is the setlist:

1. “The Chain”
2. “Little Lies”
3. “Dreams”
4. “Second Hand News” (Neil Finn on vocals)
5. “Say You Love Me”
6. “Black Magic Woman” (1968 single, Stevie Nicks on vocals)
7. “Everywhere”
8. “I Got You” (Split Enz cover, Finn on vocals)
9. “Rhiannon”
10. “Tell Me All the Things You Do” (from Kiln House, 1970)
11. “Storms”
12. “World Turning” (featuring drum / percussion duel)
13. “Hypnotized” (from Mystery to Me, 1973, Finn on vocals)
14. “Oh Well” (Mike Campbell on vocals)
15. “Don’t Dream It’s Over” (Crowded House cover, Finn and Nicks duet)
16. “Landslide”
17. “Isn’t It Midnight” (from Tango in the Night, 1987)
18. “Monday Morning”
19. “You Make Loving Fun”
20. “Gold Dust Woman”
21. “Go Your Own Way”
encore
22. “Free Fallin'” (Tom Petty cover, Nicks on vocals)
23. “Don’t Stop”
24. “All Over Again” (From Time, 1995 – Nicks and Christine McVie on vocals)

We can only dream.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keithy said:

I still fear Gaga will be a lost headliner; if it's not 2019 or 2020 then it's never as far as I can see. I don't doubt for a minute (health issues aside) that she'd be up for headlining which makes it odd to me that the festival has never bagged her. Presumably it's just the touring stars have never aligned. 

2009 wants a quiet word .....

5 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

She wasn't a headliner that night.  If my memory serves me, and it does, Lady Gaga subbed the Other stage to the mighty Ting Tings.

Yeah - true (actually it was below Ting Tings & Bloc Party!?!) but I was reading the 'festival never bagged her' bit. And you could argue that she headlined (secretly?) Shangri-La later in the evening.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So Gaga's getting good reviews for the movie, but is the soundtrack doing gangbusters business?  Doesn't seem to have hit the UK top 40 albums.

Only just came out Friday. The charts update isn’t out until a bit later but it will surely be 1 or 2 on that, with the main track creeping up the singles charts also.

48 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Yeah - true (actually it was below Ting Tings & Bloc Party!?!) but I was reading the 'festival never bagged her' bit. And you could argue that she headlined (secretly?) Shangri-La later in the evening.

"she'd be up for headlining which makes it odd to me that the festival has never bagged her."

You misread it ?

I can see how it could be misread through. Nobody forgets 2009. Certainly not those of us towards the front. I'm sure it winked at me.

I'd be game for Gaga and she would be the perfect third headliner if The Cure and Macca are correct (a billion times better than Arctic Monkeys for christ sake). It just doesn't "feel" as though it's going to happen though. The only thing suggesting she might be there is speculation from us based on the new movie and the rumour from a few years ago. There doesn't seem to be much else linking her to it.

Happily be proven wrong though. 

42 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I concur with Plan on this matter, and having her back a decade later to get what's hers has a nice feel to it.

Aye.

There's still the oddity of 2017 when she gave that NME interview about Glastonbury and "I don't have permission to say anything about that." It feels like something was afoot back then and never happened. Or were they just planning for the next festival (2019)?

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'd be game for Gaga and she would be the perfect third headliner if The Cure and Macca are correct (a billion times better than Arctic Monkeys for christ sake). It just doesn't "feel" as though it's going to happen though. The only thing suggesting she might be there is speculation from us based on the new movie and the rumour from a few years ago. There doesn't seem to be much else linking her to it.

Happily be proven wrong though. 

Neil's mentioned before that the info comes through mainly for British acts, a tighter lid tends to stay on for Americans. I'm hoping the lack of any substantial rumour for headliner 3 means it's somebody from abroad, and that somebody is one Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Why not Lady Gaga?

She'd get my vote over a repeat booking, for sure. I saw her earlier this year and although it's not necessarily my thing, it was an incredible show and her message was a positive one. The Oscar buzz around the movie seems to have improved her profile again as there were some doubts over her headliner status after the last couple of albums. She and her show were made for the Pyramid, my only doubts would be after a grueling Vegas residency next year whether she'll be fit enough to do it (given that much of her last tour was cancelled due to her Fibromyalgia)