2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

It is tough, though. Part of you feels you should, and you’re missing out if you don’t. But decided to see Ezra Furman over John Carr at eotr, and don’t regret it at all. Maybe a watershed moment for me. Hopefully I’ve broken the habit

I opted for The Chems over The Who and don’t regret it, what storming set that was. Then again, I suppose The Chemical Brothers are legends in their own right.

Not as much a legend but still a pretty big deal, I also swerved Adele for New Order. Again, absolutely loved their set.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I went to see him in Bristol this year, he was awesome and his band were really impressive too.

Was that at Colston? He was great.

That said the x2 records before the latest are both fantastic (I'm not quite as keen on the latest one, but the singles were great), so preferred the set a couple of years ago. But there you go. 

Would love to see him back at Glastonbury. Was a highlight on the Park the other year.

2 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Was that at Colston? He was great.

That said the x2 records before the latest are both fantastic (I'm not quite as keen on the latest one, but the singles were great), so preferred the set a couple of years ago. But there you go. 

Would love to see him back at Glastonbury. Was a highlight on the Park the other year.

It was indeed.  The energy they put in and also some of the issues he mentioned were really powerful.  Great to have artists prepared to speak out about the important things and get personal too, bless 'im.

A bloody good Kate Bush cover too ;) 

I didn't see him at the Park and would welcome him back with loving arms in any form.

59 minutes ago, jparx said:

Saw Ezra on the Park a few years ago and he was awesome in that mid afternoon slot.

Really is no better venue to watch a band than mid afternoon on the Park with a cider in hand. That might be my absolutely favourite part of Glastonbury. I'd go and see anyone in that slot to make sure I get that experience, even if it's an act i'm not familiar with! Really is an example of how the stage/atmosphere can mean more than the bands themselves.

100% agree with the Park being awesome. I love being able to flit between there and the crow's nest/the bar up near the sign.

1 minute ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Is there any reason why no one is mentioning Kendrick to headline? would love to see him and thought he was in with a chance for 2019.

He's expensive and DAMN. would be 3 years old by 2019 (with no sign of a new album coming out anytime soon)

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I opted for The Chems over The Who and don’t regret it, what storming set that was.

Which Year?!

i did the same in 07 - then they clashed again in 15 but I wasn’t there that year so didn’t have to choose - but I’d probably have done it again :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Is there any reason why no one is mentioning Kendrick to headline? would love to see him and thought he was in with a chance for 2019.

Too expensive, hasn’t announced any dates for next year, it’s too soon after the Kanye debacle to realistically hope the Eavii pluck up the courage to book another black American rapper just yet, only seems to play for an hour at festivals, wouldn’t agree to be televised... all sorts of obstacles there unfortunately.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Too expensive, hasn’t announced any dates for next year, it’s too soon after the Kanye nightmare to realistically hope the Eavii book another black American rapper, only seems to play for an hour at festivals, wouldn’t agree to be televised... all sorts of obstacles there unfortunately.

was kanye that bad? i wasn't there that year......

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

He's expensive and DAMN. would be 3 years old by 2019 (with no sign of a new album coming out anytime soon)

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Too expensive, hasn’t announced any dates for next year, it’s too soon after the Kanye debacle to realistically hope the Eavii pluck up the courage to book another black American rapper just yet, only seems to play for an hour at festivals, wouldn’t agree to be televised... all sorts of obstacles there unfortunately.

Ye, that makes sense i suppose ?  cheers 

4 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

was kanye that bad? i wasn't there that year......

No but the reaction to him being booked was Emily getting a torrent of abuse, and that furore in turn apparently nipped in the bud what turned out to be the last chance of getting Prince to Worthy Farm, so whether rightly or wrongly you can understand them not rushing into risking a repeat.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

No but the reaction to him being booked was Emily getting a torrent of abuse and that (apparently) nipped in the bud what turned out to be the last chance of getting Prince to Worthy Farm, so you can understand them not rushing into risking a repeat.

was prince meant to play that spot that year?

1 minute ago, Honeybane said:

was prince meant to play that spot that year?

Supposedly he was the mysterious Sunday headliner who, on seeing the reaction to Kanye, dropped out before ever being announced. We’ll never know but it sounds very plausible, and Emily has also said in interviews that they came within a whisker of having him play not long before he passed.

2 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Supposedly he was the mysterious Sunday headliner who, on seeing the reaction to Kanye, dropped out before ever being announced. We’ll never know but it sounds very plausible, and Emily has also said in interviews that they came within a whisker of having him play not long before he passed.

Latest from Neil is that that didn't happen. Apparently someone was claiming to represent him in the hopes of making it happen or something and the Eavii thought it was possible, but it turned out not to be.