2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

i reckon some do, yup. For example, it's likely that some people got tickets last time cos they thought Ed Sheeran would be there.

I'd guess that plenty of them keep their tickets and go anyway, even if the act they wanted wasn't on the bill.

I was going anyway, but if I wasn't the Radiohead rumours would definitely have swayed me. 

There's a lot of rumour buzz around Macca (huge legend, probably the last chance for many to see him) and The Cure (massive cult following), so I guess it's possible that has prompted more newcomers to try for tickets.

I'd love it to be AM but I'm going Stormzy.. 

Taking A Star Is Born out of the equation, is Gaga still at headline level? Not that I follow her closely but prior to this film I don't remember hearing much about her for a good few years, not like I used to anyway

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Taking A Star Is Born out of the equation, is Gaga still at headline level? Not that I follow her closely but prior to this film I don't remember hearing much about her for a good few years, not like I used to anyway

Stormzy played the last festival it will be at least 2020 until he will headline. It won't be 2019. I reckon 2021 since I don't think he is in the reckoning for the anniversary.

Monkeys will not miss the chance. ArcticMonkeysUS I doubt is wrong. They will play Glastonbury. Not anywhere else. 

Monkeys

Cure

McCartney

I am set on this until anything concrete comes up.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Stormzy played the last festival it will be at least 2020 until he will headline. It won't be 2019. I reckon 2021 since I don't think he is in the reckoning for the anniversary.

Monkeys will not miss the chance. ArcticMonkeysUS I doubt is wrong. They will play Glastonbury. Not anywhere else. 

Monkeys

Cure

McCartney

I am set on this until anything concrete comes up.

Liam Gallagher played the last festival but he's set to sub Pyramid by all accounts. I get where you're coming from but they were extremely complimentary of Stormzy last time and after his Instagram post, I wouldn't be surprised to see him either subbing or possibly headlining.

Something doesn't feel right to me about AM/The Cure/Macca, as good as it sounds to me

Depends if Stormzy's new album is close to being done but he's certainly an option. Based on the reaction to A Star is Born and the fact that Gaga seems to have a loyal fanbase too (such as others) then she would be my tip. The Cure, Macca and Gaga appeases a wide range of ticket holders you would imagine. Gaga would be a no brainer for both GF and herself for publicity off the back of a possible oscar nomination/win and i'm sure that would "earn" the right to say she could headline if she hadn't already. Let's not forget she did the Superbowl halftime show in 2017 too so she is still relevant even if shes not active as much. 

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Depends if Stormzy's new album is close to being done but he's certainly an option. Based on the reaction to A Star is Born and the fact that Gaga seems to have a loyal fanbase too (such as others) then she would be my tip. The Cure, Macca and Gaga appeases a wide range of ticket holders you would imagine. Gaga would be a no brainer for both GF and herself for publicity off the back of a possible oscar nomination/win and i'm sure that would "earn" the right to say she could headline if she hadn't already. Let's not forget she did the Superbowl halftime show in 2017 too so she is still relevant even if shes not active as much. 

I see Monkeys as much as I want a change.  Cure seem a cert and Paul seems a cert. Stormzy I reckon another year not this one and I seriously doubt Gaga yet because of her health and other more likely acts. I doubt Blake is wrong about AM and It feels right since they are not doing RandL. Glastonbury will be the festival they do is what I think and that trio works. Stormzy will not be this year and needs a bit before he headlines.

2 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

Could this explain extra level of difficulty in getting tickets this year?

I'm not convinced it'll make a huge difference - the last weekend camping festival they played was Bestival 2 years ago, which sold approximately 35,000 out of 60,000 tickets that year.

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I see Monkeys as much as I want a change.  Cure seem a cert and Paul seems a cert. Stormzy I reckon another year not this one and I seriously doubt Gaga yet because of her health and other more likely acts. I doubt Blake is wrong about AM and It feels right since they are not doing RandL. Glastonbury will be the festival they do is what I think and that trio works. Stormzy will not be this year and needs a bit before he headlines.

Have you got a link to the ArcticMonkeysUS post/mention of it? I follow that account but don't remember seeing it, intrigued to see it

Just now, incident said:

I'm not convinced it'll make a huge difference - the last weekend camping festival they played was Bestival 2 years ago, which sold approximately 35,000 out of 60,000 tickets that year.

yeah, but that was a bit of a weird one all-round.

That was the year Bestival seemed to lose their crowd - not necessarily related to The Cure (I think it was just that the time had come for them to move on) - while I'm not sure many of those hardcore Cure fans would be taken with glittery Bestival.

Just now, mufcok said:

Have you got a link to the ArcticMonkeysUS post/mention of it? I follow that account but don't remember seeing it, intrigued to see it

It was his personal account of which he said it - @BlakeJP I think it is or something and states they are playing a 'iconic June festival' as well as Madison Square Gardens and some shows.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

It was his personal account of which he said it - @BlakeJP I think it is or something and states they are playing a 'iconic June festival' as well as Madison Square Gardens and some shows.

Aaahh that post, sorry I did see that. Well he's hinting at Glastonbury or Isle of White..

29 minutes ago, mufcok said:

The last two albums didn’t do a lot commercially by her standards, but A Star Is Born looks like it’s going to completely reinvigorate her career so it’s not really relevant. Unless for some reason she suddenly announces that at every live show next year she’s only going to be playing songs from Artpop and Joanne.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy