2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

I'm sorry but if Gaga plays she's headlining only and not subbing. Would she take the sub spot- yes cos she's probably just happy to play but after this film and the reaction to it she will take top spot if she's playing.  Never mind the fact that she's probably going to get an Oscar nomination and subsequent publicity from it. If she has a new album out before the summer as well then she will be in the prime position for it. 

Having just watched ASIB, I’m all in for Gaga to headline. Some cracking songs in there. Beginning to think her 2016 NME interview “Glastonbury....I can’t talk about it” which we all thought might be a 2017 appearance was infact 2019 to tie in with the film.

Didn’t the Eavii say in 2017 that they already had one 2019 headliner already booked?

Fri : Gaga

Sat: Cure

Sun: Macca

Brad Cooper to get a slot on Park at some point.

I can’t believe the Eavii won’t have a female headliner this year and as Madonna is priced out, I’m on for Gaga. She’d smash it and be a belting fri headliner to get the festival really kickstarted.

Edited by Keithy

45 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Having just watched ASIB, I’m all in for Gaga to headline. Some cracking songs in there. Beginning to think her 2016 NME interview “Glastonbury....I can’t talk about it” which we all thought might be a 2017 appearance was infact 2019 to tie in with the film.

Didn’t the Eavii say in 2017 that they already had one 2019 headliner already booked?

Fri : Gaga

Sat: Cure

Sun: Macca

Brad Cooper to get a slot on Park at some point.

I can’t believe the Eavii won’t have a female headliner this year and as Madonna is priced out, I’m on for Gaga. She’d smash it and be a belting fri headliner to get the festival really kickstarted.

If she gets a headline slot and I'd rather it over AM, I'd be pretty sure they didn't book her in 2016 to headline 2019.

Personally I've picked her to sub as I think AM will headline. I also don't think she would headline on Friday night, if they have Gaga headline I think they would make a bigger point about it.

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

She may well have been referring to the filming of the movie at Glastonbury rather than a personal appearance.

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

She may well have been referring to the filming of the movie at Glastonbury rather than a personal appearance.

This was definitely gonna have been the case, we just didn’t know about her being there until the movie came out because she didn’t appear on the Pyramid with B-Coops.

11 minutes ago, henry bear said:

True, as she was attached to the film in Aug 16 and the NME interview was Oct 16. Though she could have just said no to the Glasto rumour given she’s not in the Glasto filming. It’s clear now 2017 was never on the cards as they were filming for ASIB at that time. Had there been a 2018 festival, her Vegas residency would have stopped it happening.

Emily did give an interview after the 2017 festival to say 2019 booking was already underway.

Not beyond the realms of possibility she was approached in 2016 for 2017, said no due to filming and pencilled in for the next festival?

Edited by Keithy

Theres no way Gaga would be a sub. Would she do it? Yes... but it just wouldn't make any sense imo. Why throw away a female headliner. Honestly I think it would look bad on the festival to skip over one of the few headline worthy females and give her a sub spot. Especially when EE has said she wants to make things more diverse. Macca, the Cure, with AM is far from diverse lineup. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Fair enough, but Gaga would just scream "we couldn't afford Madonna" and frankly feels a bit charitable.

I'm surprised a few people here consider her to be 'up there'. She's fallen way back from her prime.

That’s doing Gaga a big disservice - she’d be quite a coup the way things are going with ASIB

Right... Not taking away from Madonna, she is a pop legend, but I would put her relevance (I'm not sure this is the right word) lower than Gaga's at this point. I work with a 22y/o, "like a prayer" came on in the office and he had no idea who sang it and I was shocked.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Fair enough, but Gaga would just scream "we couldn't afford Madonna" and frankly feels a bit charitable.

I'm surprised a few people here consider her to be 'up there'. She's fallen way back from her prime.

Also probably true of Madonna, Arctics, the Cure and Macca though TBF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Theres no way Gaga would be a sub. Would she do it? Yes... but it just wouldn't make any sense imo. Why throw away a female headliner. Honestly I think it would look bad on the festival to skip over one of the few headline worthy females and give her a sub spot. Especially when EE has said she wants to make things more diverse. Macca, the Cure, with AM is far from diverse lineup. 

She isn't at the same level as she was.