2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

7 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

He showed a few songs at Reading this year. Neil has said that whether an act wants to be broadcast doesn't really hold much baring on whether they're booked or not.

As I recall Blur asked for most of their set to not be broadcast when they were headlining in 2009 as they were on tour at the time. 

13 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Always nice to have some people on here doing research, other than reading NME. Also liked your deep dig into the social media of the daughter of the bassist.

She viewed my Instagram story the other day about getting Glasto tickets and I was tempted to pop the question but but haven't yet become desperate enough to make myself look like a weirdo.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He doesn’t actually play the guitar on the song so I dunno how good a B-Rad set would be.

This would be a hell of a special moment as the sun sets, even if the guitar was played by a guy on a stool in the background or something

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

I can't imagine ever buying a glastonbury ticket because u heard a rumour of a band or artist that might be there. Ive never even considered doing that all the times ive gone. The line up is always pretty good, probably always something one 1 stage ur gunna wanna see or check out. 

Edited by Xeph1995

17 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

This would be a hell of a special moment as the sun sets, even if the guitar was played by a guy on a stool in the background or something

Meh, personally I think the special moment would be him coming on for Shalalalalow with Mother Monster. The Park set just seems like overkill to me.

Regarding the Arctics and the "iconic June festival" - a lot of the speculation seems to have assumed it means a UK or at least European festival - and therefore the focus has been on Glastonbury and IOW.

Given that the information apparently came through US based channels, could Bonnaroo be a decent shout for that? Prior to Coachella coming into fashion, it was easily the most talked about the US festival; (yeah I know you could argue Burning Man, but that's a bit different).

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Wait is this Bradley Cooper news new or is that why people are suddenly predicting Gaga all over again? I assumed it was just random musings rather than there being anything pointing to it being her.

Came out in a 6 Music interview he did the other day. He didn't mention anything about her being there but y'know.

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Came out in a 6 Music interview he did the other day. He didn't mention anything about her being there but y'know.

Christ bit early to be leaking your secret set.

Gaga would be a hell of a lot better than most of the other stuff being thrown about - I'd be well up for that, even if I haven't been the biggest fan of hers post-Fame Monster material. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Christ bit early to be leaking your secret set.

Gaga would be a hell of a lot better than most of the other stuff being thrown about - I'd be well up for that, even if I haven't been the biggest fan of hers post-Fame Monster material. 

Id take gaga over the cure or macca, both are well dreary 

7 minutes ago, incident said:

Regarding the Arctics and the "iconic June festival" - a lot of the speculation seems to have assumed it means a UK or at least European festival - and therefore the focus has been on Glastonbury and IOW.

Given that the information apparently came through US based channels, could Bonnaroo be a decent shout for that? Prior to Coachella coming into fashion, it was easily the most talked about the US festival; (yeah I know you could argue Burning Man, but that's a bit different).

Yeah I reckon it’s Bonnaroo, they did a load of European gigs and festivals around that time this year so makes sense for them to skip the early June stuff and play somewhere like Bonnaroo instead.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I'd love to see a headliner nope out on the BBC coverage, just to see how much it affects things regarding the publicity and response to their set. I know Rolling Stones were almost at that point but compromised somewhat, plus it's the Rolling Stones so they're obviously gonna be hyped up anyway.

Maybe in the contract that a minimum % needs to be televised? Guessing.

Edited by briddj

Not even like she isn't doing shows. The dance routines and setlist and visuals are all gonna be in place, it's just a question of whether she can be bothered to create a travelling version of her Vegas show which can fit on the Pyramid, and whether the timing of Glastonbury fits into the doctors orders she's clearly now following regarding her workload. But I really hope none of that would be an issue.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy