2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

NB: Gaga aced it on the Other in ‘09. 

No idea if she was in the middle of a tour at the time, but IIRC her stage show seemed tailored to G. 

Aye - Gaga has prior. Also did a late night set at Shangri-La......And nearly showed up a few years back with Mark Robson IIRC.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Aye - Gaga has prior. Also did a late night set at Shangri-La......And nearly showed up a few years back with Mark Robson IIRC.

All a bit hazy but didn’t her bra top thingy shoot fire at one point? And there were gross rumours in the redtops about her maybe being a man. She then appeared - in a rightfully shitty mood - in some magazine, posing with a dildo stuffed down her trews. 

Someone *please* tell me I haven’t imagined all that. 

Edit - the kids were with me in 2009 and I was dragged to Gaga with no knowledge of her and it was fucking great. Brightened up the usual indie fodder on offer on T’Other. 

Edited by Woffy

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Gaga would never sub, Gazza you absolute helmet.

Monster Ball, Pyramid 2019, it's happening.

Behave....of course she would.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I reckon it’s Bonnaroo, they did a load of European gigs and festivals around that time this year so makes sense for them to skip the early June stuff and play somewhere like Bonnaroo instead.

Bonnaroo and Glastonbury can both be done. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Was heavily speculated that she was gonna turn up in ‘17 too, IIRC she made a very weak non-denial when asked if she was going to be there. That was probably for ASIB in the end (although the Glastonbury sequence in the film is so damn short they needn’t have bothered).

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Was heavily speculated that she was gonna turn up in ‘17 too. That was probably for ASIB in the end (although the Glastonbury sequence in the film is so damn short they needn’t have bothered).

Might have been a bit longer if more folk showed up for the 'stoff

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Might have been a bit longer if more folk showed up for the 'stoff

Ha, mebbe. Wouldn’t have even realised that was ‘the Glastonbury bit’ if not for the one-second shot of tents from the helicopter, Coachella got a way better slice of the action.

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

NB: Gaga aced it on the Other in ‘09. 

No idea if she was in the middle of a tour at the time, but IIRC her stage show seemed tailored to G. 

She did, that set was great. I didn't know much about her, I was a bit more arrogant in my music choices at the time and got dragged along, expecting nothing. She was fantastic.

9 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Anyone seen ASIB yet? Mrs b wants to go, I need convincing.

‘Tis absolutely ace, if a tiny bit over-long. Several of Gaga’s songs are the best things she’s done in years and yer man B-Coops pulls out some beauts too.

Don’t be going with much make up on though, there didn’t look to be a single person in our screening who left the building without tear-stained cheeks. Including yours truly.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

‘Tis absolutely ace, if a tiny bit over-long. Don’t be going with much make up on though, there wasn’t a single person in our screening who left the building without tear-stained cheeks. Including yours truly.

Cheers. No, don't want to come out of the Odeon looking like Alice Cooper. 

56 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Behave....of course she would.

Bonnaroo and Glastonbury can both be done. 

Yes but the point is people are using the quote about them playing an iconic June festival as evidence for them playing at Glastonbury, and other people are pointing out that it could be in reference to Bonnaroo, not that they can't play both.

It isn't difficult.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Gaga would never sub.

I think she’d be fortunate to, personally. I could see her sub for Madge before this Cool Five Mill stuff came out. She last put out a mediocre semi-flop in 2016, but then she’s more relevant than The Cure and they seem to be in the running for god knows what reason, so possible I suppose. 

The claws are out tonight.