2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

10 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Fam she's Madonna. That's like saying Lionel Messi shouldn't ask for a high wage, he should be happy that Barca want him to play for them.

*It’s like saying Lionel Messi shouldn’t ask for five times as much as Cristiano Ronaldo, when even if you did pay what he wants he’d insist on spending 90% of the time refusing to do anything interesting.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not necessarily. Some acts are happy to do Glastonbury at a cheaper price, and some aren't.

True, and I guess the prices for the joint shows with Jay Z she did over here were fairly reasonable.

1BCEE743-16F2-4E97-A175-4353611AACCE.gif

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

5 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I opted for The Chems over The Who and don’t regret it, what storming set that was. Then again, I suppose The Chemical Brothers are legends in their own right.

Not as much a legend but still a pretty big deal, I also swerved Adele for New Order. Again, absolutely loved their set.

That was the right decision. New Order will probably never play Glastonbury again where as you will hear Adele in every shopping centre lift you step foot in.

4 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

*It’s like saying Lionel Messi shouldn’t ask for five times as much as Cristiano Ronaldo, when even if you did pay what he wants he’d insist on spending 90% of the time refusing to do anything interesting.

*It's like saying Lionel Messi should take a pay cut and receive 1/20 of his usual wage for one game just because Cristiano Ronaldo did it once, even if he has no specific desire to play that one game.

:P

But like I said, I realised after I posted that that comparison was pretty rubbish.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Was gonna say, don't think I've spent more than 5 days on this forum without New Order announcing a show.

Saying that, I missed both and instead spent that time passed out at my tent.

Likewise I could hear hello from the tent and thought if I only I could walk in a straight line haha

52 minutes ago, jparx said:

And what do G typical pay headliners? Isn't it half a mil or something along those lines? It's been mentioned before but I can't remember the quoted figure!

A few years ago (2013) it was reported as a hard cap of 250k, in the context that the Stones were the first and only act to get more (reportedly 750k which is still a fraction of their usual fee). Don't know if it's gone up since.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

A few years ago (2013) it was reported as a hard cap of 250k, in the context that the Stones were the first and only act to get more (reportedly 750k which is still a fraction of their usual fee). Don't know if it's gone up since.

I recall reading that Paul McCartney, last time, played for 'a standard fee of £200k' so I don't reckon it will have gone up that much since, if it only rose ~£50k in nearly ten years.

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

Jeeez, that is mental. Had to double take when I read that

It's not way out from what Macca was paid by Coachella, I'm sure it was about $6.5 but it's a case of Madonna not wanting to accept lower and she'll probably be dearer this time round. In the grand scheme, she doesn't need Glastonbury at all.

Edited by thewayiam

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

It's not way out from what Macca was paid by Coachella, I'm sure it was about $6.5 but it's a case of Madonna not wanting to accept lower and she'll probably be dearer this time round. In the grand scheme, she doesn't need Glastonbury at all.

Glastonbury doesnt need her either though, if she doesn't wanna do it someone better will 

The Eavii have long had her on the same list as Dolly, Prince and LZ. From the way they’ve talked about her performing in the past, she’s one of their dream headliners. I’m sure they’d do whatever they could to have her there, but there comes a point an act is just taking the piss. 

6 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Apparently that’s roughly the same price Beyonce charged Coachella, so I guess we can kiss goodbye to the possibility of that particular Queen ever returning. Pity.

As Jesus was sitting opposite the treasury, He watched the crowd placing money into it. And many rich people put in large amounts. Then one poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which amounted to a small fraction of a denarius.

Jesus called His disciples to Him and said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more than all the others into the treasury. For they all contributed out of their surplus, but she out of her poverty has put in all she had to live on.”

What I'm saying here is that if somebody's got £5 mil to spend, you might as well shake them down for it, but Bey knows she's not going to get that from every mark around.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, kalifire said:

The Eavii have long had her on the same list as Dolly, Prince and LZ. From the way they’ve talked about her performing in the past, she’s one of their dream headliners. I’m sure they’d do whatever they could to have her there, but there comes a point an act is just taking the piss. 

Yup, any act is possible if they would take the lower fee or a fee at least that Glastonbury can manage. U2 would not have been cheap and I read that they actually paid for their own setup extras needed for the set or something.

8 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

As Jesus was sitting opposite the treasury, He watched the crowd placing money into it. And many rich people put in large amounts. Then one poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which amounted to a small fraction of a denarius.

Jesus called His disciples to Him and said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more than all the others into the treasury. For they all contributed out of their surplus, but she out of her poverty has put in all she had to live on.”

What I'm saying here is that if somebody's got £5 mil to spend, you might as well shake them down for it, but Bey knows she's not going to get that from every mark around.

How much did Jesus put in?

• Upvote 1

£5m for Madonna?! Christ.

That sort of money, I'd want a stone cold guarantee that the set list was all the bangers and no filler and she'd do a couple of shifts on the bars and some litter picking.

I'm glad the Eavii have never shifted (substantially) from their headliner fee. The headliners aren't the be all and end all for the festival and suddenly starting to splash that kind of cash around would affect the rest of the festival and even it's long term survival.