2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

19 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

She'd get my vote over a repeat booking, for sure. I saw her earlier this year and although it's not necessarily my thing, it was an incredible show and her message was a positive one. The Oscar buzz around the movie seems to have improved her profile again as there were some doubts over her headliner status after the last couple of albums. She and her show were made for the Pyramid, my only doubts would be after a grueling Vegas residency next year whether she'll be fit enough to do it (given that much of her last tour was cancelled due to her Fibromyalgia)

It finishes a couple weeks before Glasto (so should have time to recover), but that's also when her album is rumoured to be out so she may be busy doing promo for it instead.

4 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I cannot see past Arctic Monkeys despite me wanting someone else. They will not miss the opportunity. ArcticMonkeysUS knowledge makes me believe its Glasto since I do not see them doing Isle of Wight. Makes sense.

AM

Macca

Cure

can't see past it as well. seeing them earlier august really made me think though that they would be another amazing headliner even though headlining before.

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Macca is a must see, and I’d certainly be intrigued to watch some of Gaga. It wouldn’t take much elsewhere to drag me away from The Cure as I’ve seen them fairly recently.

Same for me, except I last saw The Cure in 86, and they didn’t do much for me then. I’m still not convinced they’re going to be there - they just don’t feel like the sort of act that gets booked for that slot to me.

21 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

I'm actually fairly confident that Taylor Swift is going to perform next year. Not necessarily headline, but perform. Here are my reasons:

A) They have been after her for years but between the time that they began to think like this and now she has become the biggest female pop star in the World -  fact

B ) She must be surprisingly affordable - has  played for the BBC Big Weekend slot on two occasions.

C) On neither of the above did she actually headline - content to play second fiddle to Foo Fighters and Florence.

D) By next June the mega scale Reputation tour will be long past and it will be just about the time she will be itching to perform in front of a massive crowd again. This is one act that definitely doesn't feel the need to have their entire "show" to make the audience go nuts.

E) Her best buddy Ed Sheeran has done it and do you honestly think he hasn't tried to convince her that it's a smart move?

What the Hell, it's been a while...1434374073_MartinSwift.jpg.ee32e958832ca7587caedc42ebf489c2.jpg

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I saw 8 of the first 12 Pyramid headliners I could watch.

I havent seen any of the last 9... I would be all in on Macca, but recent live videos put me off. 

Yeah, once you start seeing acts away from the Pyramid you tend to stay away. In 2016 I ended up not seeing a single act at the main stage.

Edit: Having said that, I saw loads in 2017, including one headliner.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Any day now I'm anticipating an extra Macca date in Badiddlyboing, Idaho to bring down Maxwell's Silver Hammer on his Pyramid chances. The closing up of The Cure's dates has got me pretty wary.

Yeah, I'm starting to think Fleetwood Mac might well be back in. As well as Country Winston and the lads of course. 

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah, I'm starting to think Fleetwood Mac might well be back in. As well as Country Winston and the lads of course. 

From a purely selfish perspective I’d welcome the Mac over the Macca. Seen McCartney before and seeing him again in December, whereas I’ve never seen FM.

23 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The setlist posted earlier seems fun but I kinda feel like Glastonbury deserves better than this iteration of the Mac. Maybe the best chance of getting them in Glastonbury's price range, of course.

17 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Any idea which day Macca is likely to be if he does appear? 

I'd say Saturday instead, as I don't feel that The Cure are especially likely to book b2b headline dates in different countries. Either way, probably not Friday.