Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

31 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

ha  ha very funny.  i  think I might be  a little younger as the first single I bought was The Specials, gangsters.  but my first memorable song was when I was about three. I think it was a west ham FA cup song called 'nice one Cyril, nice one son, nice one Cyril lets have another one' . My mum tried to cheer me up with this when it came n the radio when I was crying, funny the music you remember at such an ealry age. I am now 48.

I'm 42. Yay! :D

The sadist in me is hoping for an 8pm announcement tomorrow, just so we can experience the madness for another day. But another 12 hours or so and I think @Wellyboot may well explode. Kudos to you, your continuous excitement and optimism was very much needed on a day like today, and this thread has meant I've barely noticed what's been going on in the news!

Top work guys. See you in the morning for an early shift. Line up won't be out until @eFestivals has completed a hard day's work apparently, so we'll be waiting a while :P

Had an awful feeling it would drop during my important meetings today or during football tonight. It's taken me over an hour to read through these pages. Good work people. Entertaining stuff. Now we know it's not today then I'm still sticking to my original guess of 10am tomorrow. I'll just be happy to get it tomorrow and finally do my playlist! 

Alas, all day is far too short a time to post among such excellent and admirable hobbits. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. I have things to do in the morning. I regret to announce, this is bedtime. I'm going now, I bid you all a very fond good night.

I'm worried it really *is* going to be 7/8 PM tomorrow. Unless I'm mistaken, Neil has said he pre-written a "Stand by your bed" tweet, that will be released while he'll already have been a work for hours. Unless Neil's work day starts at 5 AM, that will likely be somewhere in the afternoon.

But mostly I'm worried because I'll be at a business dinner then and won't have the opportunity to check my phone.

14 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

I'm worried it really *is* going to be 7/8 PM tomorrow. Unless I'm mistaken, Neil has said he pre-written a "Stand by your bed" tweet, that will be released while he'll already have been a work for hours. Unless Neil's work day starts at 5 AM, that will likely be somewhere in the afternoon.

But mostly I'm worried because I'll be at a business dinner then and won't have the opportunity to check my phone.

People really need to stop misquoting Neil. He hasn't given any indication of a time or even a day as of yet - obviously tomorrow now becomes the most likely day as it's obviously on the way soon, but he hasn't said anything specific. Equally these quotes regarding times and a scheduled tweet are getting twisted up amongst each other. 

The only quote I am taking from him now is: 

57 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Patience. :)

I remember last years poster drop fondly as my sleeping pattern was fucked so I ended up staying up all night for the poster to drop in the morning, if i recall correctly someone had given us a tip off, and literally went to sleep almost straight after. Luckily my sleeping pattern is of a sounder state this time around so I can have some shut eye before (hopefully). 

The Common's tweet has got me thinking. Will something happen that we've never seen before?

Recent years have just been the list of act names, no stages. 2013 had a few stages on but apart from the now defunct Spirit of 71, nothing like The Common.

The Common has been included as one of the recent "announce an area every few days" places.

It must be too early for the full line-up. Must be.

So what are we going to get? 

You decide [/TVvoice]

Edited by Gnomicide