Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, Control Shift Delete said:

Hey dentalplan! I'll tell you 'sup. My brain being addled by the tension of today, along with wondering whether tomorrow will be just as ridiculous. Oh and add in the stresses of trying to work out how you quote messages on here and then respond to them. It's just too much for a grammatical pedant such as myself!!

CSD

If it doesn't come by 10am tomorrow then the wheels are coming off the thread for sure. It gets a whole lot worse in May when we have an announcement roughly every day for a couple of weeks and then there's the bit after where we're waiting for the full stage splits and times to come down. That bit's horrible.

It can be tricky to quote on a phone .When I can remember I usually go to the text box and hit enter first, then click on the top line again and then hit quote, so the space below has already been assured. Often forget though and get stuck trying to get that tiny 'select' icon to reappear.

19 minutes ago, your mother said:

Jez? You look scary, like a chicken

:lol:

Nah for the record I was wearing shorts. I just went to take the pic and they were riding up a bit and I looked naked so I pulled em up fully and pretended. I'd got changed to go for a run and then got too distracted by this shiter of a thread so ordered a pizza and sat alone reading eFests all night.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

In other news, i've just had someone who gets good info tell me he's heard System of a Down are playing ... tho I reckon it's more likely his mate has been scammed by the fake poster going around today.

14 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

SOAD are playing Copenhagen on 22nd, Madrid on 23rd and Florence on 25th. Would seriously doubt they'll play four nights in a row, including a flight back to the UK after being here two weeks earlier

Damnit, withy all the craziness of these boards, I almost exploded when I saw this top post....even with the disclaimer. But given the unlikeliness of four days in a row, plus the fact that they would either be clashing with or subbing (subbing!!) Foo's, its probably ridiculous. That and the fact that a quick google showed that Somersetlive predicted they would play back in October.....clearly not happening.

I'll take Prodigy or NIN as an other headliner instead please....but only if it's sunday. I mean, there has to be at least one big surprise on the poster (tomorrow)....right??

Edited by Sasperella

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

:lol:

Nah for the record I was wearing shorts. I just went to take the pic and they were riding up a bit and I looked naked so I pulled em up fully and pretended. I'd got changed to go for a run and then got too distracted by this shiter of a thread so ordered a pizza and sat alone reading eFests all night.

You're more of a tease than Neil 

2 hours ago, JoBalls said:

Right. I've been here since 8am. Time to go to bed. I've got another day of not getting any work done tomorrow, need to be well rested.

Why would you do that knowing that after 9am it wouldn't have come until at least 6pm anyway. There is obsessed and then there is this lol.

5 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Let's just review the bloody finesse of trolling displayed by Neil here.

Firstly he plants the 10pm in our heads early in the day; we're in it for the long haul, he's got us here until 10 and he knows it.

Close to 10 he reappears in the thread, seemingly just shooting the shit, knowing just the fact of his presence is a mighty cocktease when the line-up is abound.

He then posts something really juicy, a System Of A Down hint. He downplayed it, true, but he knows he lends it a degree of credibility just be talking about it. We're fever pitch here, everybody's chewing their nails down to the bone.

And then he comes in with the grand finish "Do you want to know a secret?" do we want to know a fucking secret. It's killing us. And BAM, yer man lands the killing shot himself, so the mere fact of the line-up not being here at 10 doesn't take all the satisfaction for itself.

All in all guys, I'm going to award this an A grade. The calculated nature, mixed with the casual delivery - tremendous work.

All.pretty correct, I haven't monitored it like some of you lot but when you know a lot will.watch for hours....it was never going to be something like a 10am or 3 or 4pm thing anyway, and know it won't be that day anyway there is no need to post about a scheduled tweet before it happening at that time. If it's not until today as it be now and you were going to be active later in the evening then do it then.

It's not just a trolling or people's own doing, it's a straight excuse to get a heavy flow of traffic to the site for no apparent reason.....and that can be debated as much as wanted but the outcome is just the same. 

For the record I haven't stayed up until now.

Just now, eFestivals said:

Morning peeps. :)

The SOAD thing, I've just found more mails. Seems like the source who told the guy who said it to me was taken in by the fake poster ... even tho the geezer likes to play up his connections to Michael. :lol:

And yes, i've been working for hours already, as i knew I would be (I do it every day).

Just like you said yesterday, the tweet will come out when you've been working for hours. I think it's today's the day guys.

on a side note, I don't have to be awake for work until a 7:45 but I was up at 5:50. LOOK WHAT YOURE DOING TO ME :P 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Morning peeps. :)

The SOAD thing, I've just found more mails. Seems like the source who told the guy who said it to me was taken in by the fake poster ... even tho the geezer likes to play up his connections to Michael. :lol:

And yes, i've been working for hours already, as i knew I would be (I do it every day).

Is it going to be today or not?