Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

8 minutes ago, Slavivlad said:

I'm always trying to help ;) 

I'm exhausted from witnessing your giddiness. It bloody better be tomorrow or another day goes down the gutter.

You aren't exhausted dont be daft! You are just mega giddy :yahoo:

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Saved my last upvote of the day to see if you were still giddy 14 hours later welly.  You have not let me down :)

:D THANK YOUUUU!!! That's cheered me right up! 

Tomorrow definitely now :yahoo:

1 minute ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Glad to know ;) 

As this is the first year I've spent the run in on here, is it always this mad?

First timer during this mad week like yourself, been lurking around previous years I've went but first time getting involved. By the sound of it, this is a rather mad one :) 

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

You aren't exhausted dont be daft! You are just mega giddy :yahoo:

Of course not! How could I ever think that?!

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Let's just review the bloody finesse of trolling displayed by Neil here.

Firstly he plants the 10pm in our heads early in the day; we're in it for the long haul, he's got us here until 10 and he knows it.

Close to 10 he reappears in the thread, seemingly just shooting the shit, knowing just the fact of his presence is a mighty cocktease when the line-up is abound.

He then posts something really juicy, a System Of A Down hint. He downplayed it, true, but he knows he lends it a degree of credibility just be talking about it. We're fever pitch here, everybody's chewing their nails down to the bone.

And then he comes in with the grand finish "Do you want to know a secret?" do we want to know a fucking secret. It's killing us. And BAM, yer man lands the killing shot himself, so the mere fact of the line-up not being here at 10 doesn't take all the satisfaction for itself.

All in all guys, I'm going to award this an A grade. The calculated nature, mixed with the casual delivery - tremendous work.

utterly wrong.

A well known poster from round these parts had mailed me the SOAD thing moments before I posted about it.

I indicated this morning i knew when it was. I said I'd give warning via a further tweet but wouldn't say more.

All the rest has been your own doings, where every possible idea has been striped bare and examined from all angles, with a fifteen different ideas for the avalanches tweet alone. I was surprised no one had suggested 10pm, as they've announced at 10pm before.

I could have reigned it in, but you were all having too much fun. :P

1 minute ago, Djb.com said:

Yeah 8am looks most likely. Obviously there's no pattern but if there is to be one it'd suggest 7pm tomorrow

There is a pattern - every announcement on Facebook has either been 8am or 7pm. Both of those times fit in with The Avalanches mess up - 7pm didn't work out, so that leaves 8am tomorrow... :D 

3 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Glad to know ;) 

As this is the first year I've spent the run in on here, is it always this mad?

1 minute ago, Slavivlad said:

First timer during this mad week like yourself, been lurking around previous years I've went but first time getting involved. By the sound of it, this is a rather mad one :) 

Next year just make sure you've set aside the Wednesday evening and a case of beers for the Brit Awards night.  Genuinely one of the funniest evenings I've had in a long time.

Hate to say 'I told you so' but I've said multiple times today that Efests never said at any point he knew the announcement was today, he just stated he knew when roughly it would be made.....people trolled themselves. Fair play to him for rolling with it though....page views through the roof I suspect. My trusted point of call is the twitter feeds. I still remember in was it 13 or 14? the joy of seeing Emily tweet a photo of her and others working on the pc saying 'almost ready' and then half an hour or so later we had it.......best to just trust the horses mouth! 

Edited by waterfalls212434

2 minutes ago, Slavivlad said:

Glad I'm not the only one slightly overwhelmed :D trying to work out what the most underwhelming booking could be this time tomorrow (if we know this time tomorrow...)

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

utterly wrong.

A well known poster from round these parts had mailed me the SOAD thing moments before I posted about it.

I indicated this morning i knew when it was. I said I'd give warning via a further tweet but wouldn't say more.

All the rest has been your own doings, where every possible idea has been striped bare and examined from all angles, with a fifteen different ideas for the avalanches tweet alone. I was surprised no one had suggested 10pm, as they've announced at 10pm before.

I could have reigned it in, but you were all having too much fun. :P

Great work mate.. top viewing today....

more tomorrow hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Untz said:

giphy.gif

Have a semi-ironicly bad gif instead.

NO SIR!

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Silly you! :) what were you thinking haha!

Tomorrow is definitely the day I expect you to be with me :yahoo:

Most certainly! Hoping for it to be in 3min and Neil to have David Blained us all but it's unlikely :D 

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Next year just make sure you've set aside the Wednesday evening and a case of beers for the Brit Awards night.  Genuinely one of the funniest evenings I've had in a long time.

Brit Awards - I'll put that in my calendar.

2 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Glad I'm not the only one slightly overwhelmed :D trying to work out what the most underwhelming booking could be this time tomorrow (if we know this time tomorrow...)

At this moment, I don't care who's on there. I just wanna see it

giphy.gif