Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

3 minutes ago, Jamesthedrake said:

I hate it when the Glastonbury Twitter tweets "We've just announced the 120 acts..." followed by "on the longlist for the Emerging Talent Comp".

Such a tease!

Yep just came on here to post that. Got notifications setup for the Glasto account and had a mini heart attack when I read the first 6 words. Bastards.

16 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

When's the Emerging Talent shortlist announced? I'm sure I remember reading that the lineup usually doesn't come out until after that and that it's later on this year.

Was announced earlier. 

Edit - to add link http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/etc-2017-longlist-announced-hear-the-acts-now/

Edited by H.M.V

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Jaysis, i can't take any more today. Fake posters. A blue and a yellow chicken posting and a fecking long and a short list. Going for a lie down

Have you considered gin?

What am I saying?  Of course you have :)

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Spotted the fakery immediately on account of it looking exactly like the 2014 poster. If there's one thing we can count on, it's a new design each year. 

I think the real deal will arrive Thursday next week. 

You got me! The logo was stolen from that.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

When's the Emerging Talent shortlist announced? I'm sure I remember reading that the lineup usually doesn't come out until after that and that it's later on this year.

Not sure if you are thinking of this, but around 10 pages ago I said I seem to remember the poster dropping only after the emerging talent competition concludes. But I am not positive that has been the case anyways.

7 minutes ago, Time Being said:

Not sure if you are thinking of this, but around 10 pages ago I said I seem to remember the poster dropping only after the emerging talent competition concludes. But I am not positive that has been the case anyways.

Potentially. Don't think much of a deal was made of it.