Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

When and what is the efests meet? Is it properly organised or only a group of the members here who meet up?

Wednesday from 6 at the Ridge and Furrow bar in Caberet Field.

It's like being on here but with added alcohol and less down voting.

Still loads of trolls though.1ijucyB.jpg

6 hours ago, Untz said:

Ketchup in a fridge? I bet you keep your butter in there too, heathens.

I have had genuine fallings out about this butter situation. Kills me that people keep it in the fridge. Eggs too. They're not in the fridge in Morrisons for fucks sake. 

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

I didn't know keeping squash in the fridge was a thing. Is it really?

I've experienced the horror on many occasions. Quite often when said squash is particularly poncey type. Cordial. 

Never seen it with Ki-ora

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I didn't know keeping squash in the fridge was a thing. Is it really?

More fridge space than sense these people.

What colour chicken are we on now and why are we putting it in the fridge?

Just now, Bisque said:

I sometimes put mixed cordial in the freezer & let it defrost gradually the next day. Weird?

No, I get that. Drink is made up and drops to fridge temperature eventually with slushy results as the defrost goes on. 

It's the refrigerating of a liquid that you then dilute massively with a different temperature liquid that gets me. 

2 minutes ago, joeltg said:

Cordial freezer tips! 

1) I give the bottle a shake every so often so the cordial doesn't sink to the bottom allowing for an evenish spread of cordial to water mix as it melts.

2) Use a study plastic see through bottle to prevent cracks & leakage.

3) Add alcohol

28 minutes ago, hurdy said:

Not as odd as squash. What's the point of that? It gets diluted with something that's not even the same temperature. 

Only if you're incapable of chilling your tap water. I have three bottles of freshly chilled tap water in rotation, with one of them usually half full of fizzy water.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Only if you're incapable of chilling your tap water. I have three bottles of freshly chilled tap water in rotation, with one of them usually half full of fizzy water.

But even still, the temperature of that small amount of squash will make no difference to the overall drink, so why bother putting it in the fridge?

4 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

People who don't keep chocolate in the fridge are strange though. I'll point blank refuse a kitkat if its produced from a cupboard, you don't get the snap. 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No, but you do get more flavour. Chocolate is supposed to be blood temperature for perfect flavour.

Yeah tastes much better at room temperature. I don't even snap my kitkats anyway.

28 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I sometimes put mixed cordial in the freezer & let it defrost gradually the next day. Weird?

I had semi-defrosted milk on my breakfast today. Mum had put it in the freezer and then got it out again and put it in the fridge, without telling anyone. Thought it had gone off when I first poured it because it was partially-solidified, y'know, like when it's properly gone off and smells of cheese. Actually tasted okay. Bit cold though.