Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I can see why you or anyone else might think that, but I often wonder how much real excitement there is for bands.

Cos for them, it's their job, and yep, for lots of people it's a dream job and it's what they've always wanted to do, they love it, etc, etc, etc, but some days you just don't want to go to work even when you love your job.

And then when your job has been living out of a suitcase for months at a time over years or decades it must get hard to keep up those levels of enthusiasm.

Even youngster Ed is a years-ago veteran of some huge shows, so would he be that excited? He's know it was important, but that doesn't mean he has to get excited. It's not even a show where he's been the draw to sell the tickets, either.

I've always wondered, why can't we up/downvote you? (It was an up vote on this occasion...) 

And what we're the 6 up votes you allowed yourself? Did you make a particularly funny joke at some point and thought you'd allow yourself some love?

I've been wondering for years ahah 

53 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I've always wondered, why can't we up/downvote you? (It was an up vote on this occasion...) 

And what we're the 6 up votes you allowed yourself? Did you make a particularly funny joke at some point and thought you'd allow yourself some love?

I think when he made a big update to the the forum we were briefly able to give him upvotes until he realised and changed it, so that's where those 6 came from.

He probably doesn't allow downvotes as he knows how many he'd get every time he expressed his views on Radiohead :P

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

I think, like God, Neil is above sin. He cannot be judged.

Whenever the poster/line up drops I always like it when I don't realise about it then maybe read some of the comments on here or I check a newsite myself and realise it's out. The excitement in those moments is unbelievable. I'm so excited for the last week of March. I had my birthday two days ago and tbh didn't really give much of a shit that I turned 32 - but the Glasto Lineup Poster! SO EXCITED

1 minute ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Whenever the poster/line up drops I always like it when I don't realise about it then maybe read some of the comments on here or I check a newsite myself and realise it's out. The excitement in those moments is unbelievable. I'm so excited for the last week of March. I had my birthday two days ago and tbh didn't really give much of a shit that I turned 32 - but the Glasto Lineup Poster! SO EXCITED

Hear hear.

I want to work out how I can find out that the poster has dropped whilst I'm at work or something, but not know anything on it. Turn all communication off. Get home then get the poster up on my laptop, stick some paper over it and slowly reveal each line one by one for maximum-excitement. 

I'm so lonely.

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Hear hear.

I want to work out how I can find out that the poster has dropped whilst I'm at work or something, but not know anything on it. Turn all communication off. Get home then get the poster up on my laptop, stick some paper over it and slowly reveal each line one by one for maximum-excitement. 

I'm so lonely.

:lol: I do similar in terms of revealing one act at a time to myself. I open it on my phone and zoom straight into the top left corner without looking and then scroll through each column one act at a time. I also mute any Facebook/WhatsApp chats that I know will be talking about it so that messages don't pop up and ruin it for me.

34 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Guys, I've never done this zooming in and revealing each name one at a time before, but I'm def gonna do that his time round. Great idea! Might as well welcome myself to the Lonely Hearts Singles Club lol :lol:

I even used to do it with teletext when I didn't know the Wolves score. Get back home and slowly reveal it with my face up to the TV hahaha.

I loathe myself

24 minutes ago, briddj said:

I would do this with the Wednesday score!

PS: Thanks for yesterday.

The Mighty Owls? Funnily enough, my second team. No idea why, always have been. I think it was the likes of Regi Blinker, Andy Sinton and Graham Hyde that did it. And that class Sanderson kit around 1995.

Marc. Degryse.

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

The Mighty Owls? Funnily enough, my second team. No idea why, always have been. I think it was the likes of Regi Blinker, Andy Sinton and Graham Hyde that did it. And that class Sanderson kit around 1995.

Marc. Degryse.

Those were the days..........

I know there is no pattern but in recent years the legend slot has been announced before the first poster.   We are almost at the usual first poster time, plus Emily said it the line up will be announced in March.  I wonder if there's any chance of a legend announcement this week.

I'm excited because the next announcement (now Ed is out the way) will be an actual announcement i.e, it will be news/a surprise.

Before the end of the month I expect to find out the gender of my best friend's baby, and which (if any) job I have following a restructure at work.  Plus the next Glastonbury announcement.  Putting them in priority order is difficult but I'm glad my best friend, manager and colleagues are not on here! ;)

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Slowly revealing the poster to yourself is actually a tremendous idea.

Then again I'm also lonely and loathe myself :lol:

Reason I do it is because I remember the first few festivals I went to (Leeds 2011/2012) were announced on the radio an act at a time, and I know my first couple of Glasto announcements weren't as exciting just looking at the poster all at once, so I decided to just make it as similar to that old way as possible. Sad, I know :P

Not surprised to spy a few Wednesday fans, from what I heard there were 18 millions fans locked out of Wembley in the Playoff final against us, last year. ;P

I don't reckon we'll see the lineup released this week.  A few bands might reveal themselves at gigs tho. So to speak

Edited by uscore

6 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Hear hear.

I'm so lonely.

Can't they do a 10 minute TV spot and reveal it one by one like they do with the FA cup draw?