The XX

gmb1992

12 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Looking forward to Friday now, got a feeling this is going to take them to a whole new level. 

By the sounds of everyones comments, any mid sized festival that have already got them locked in for a headliner slot (Latitude, Bestival etc) look to have struck gold.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a couple of listens I think it's good but not amazing - for me it starts off strong (those first two songs are up there with their best imo) and then loses my interest a little from then on whilst still being pretty good. Was hoping they were gonna embrace the direction of On Hold a little more tbh

I personally really like the finish, i think that Brave for You is a much more traditional sounding track of theirs, it goes really well into Hold On which i absolutely love, the production on Test to finish i think it fantastic, i think Jamie is undoubtedly the highlight of this album as some of the production really is 10/10. 

IMO its the best album they've made yet, and thats only after about 3 listens 

Aye I imagine a lot of people were working too. I went and had a look what went down.

To celebrate our new album ‘I See You’ coming out at midnight, we wanted to play some of our new songs for you all.

We'll be going live on all of our social channels throughout the day, so stay tuned! xx The xx

They then went live on periscope but I can't load the footage. 

Looking forward to the record tomorrow though. Sounds good, although I wasn't all that into the Jamie XX record.

1 minute ago, supasum said:

Just found the album, incredibly excited to listen !
Just read some people think subbing Radiohead ? That seems a bit too high up for me, or was it more wishful thinking, as that would be beautiful.

not too high up - they headlined Other last time they played and they've only gotten bigger since. Pyramid sub would be the next natural progression for them and they appear to be subbing a few other festivals around the world

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

not too high up - they headlined Other last time they played and they've only gotten bigger since. Pyramid sub would be the next natural progression for them and they appear to be subbing a few other festivals around the world

The promotion on this is huge too. They really are pushing it so I think Pyramid is a given. Fingers crossed. The XX into Radiohead is the stuff of dreams. 

Had xx and Coexist on back to back tonight in preparation for listening to the new album tomorrow morning. First time I've listened to both albums all the way through and back to back for ages. xx is noticeably much stronger than Coexist, more so than I remember. Coexist has got some great tracks but it really doesn't come close to matching the debut. Will be interesting to seeing how the new one compares after a few listens.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

After I posted I was trying to work out how big I thought they were, and I really couldn't.
Didn't realise they've headlined other though, certainly makes more sense now.

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

The promotion on this is huge too. They really are pushing it so I think Pyramid is a given. Fingers crossed. The XX into Radiohead is the stuff of dreams. 

Oh god this shows how much I've been out of the loop the last couple of months, only heard 'on hold' today and thought it was new until I had a search, bloody glad I did hear it though! 

Agreed, I ended up watching Mumfords instead on someones recommendation, and also as I thought the XX would be too down beat for a headliner.

How wrong I was ! Mumfords were boring and I watched the XX set on TV when I got back and it was amazing. Lots of real tingles on your spine moments