The XX

gmb1992

I agree this album seems to be getting more attention than Coexist but I don't see that doing anything to push them up the lineups. I certainly don't see them headlining Glastonbury anyway, R&L would perhaps be more likely but if they were to headline there you'd think they'd have been booked to sub either on the last tour or this one. I think they'll end up just being similar to an act to Elbow or the Chemical Brothers now in playing quite a prominent slot every few years without headlining.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

they were announced to headline 55k capacity Electric Picnic in Ireland this morning. they were a weak-ish sub there after the 2nd album.

Before the second album was out, wasn't it? Same with Bestival which they're now headlining as well. I just figured them staking their claim as a big band on that album must be what got them the slots for this year, considering the ICU album trail only started in November.

But yeah, festival season coverage is what'll plant it on one side or the other.

Edited by dentalplan

This year was their first arena tour right? I think the time off has benefited them because people who couldn't see them in 2012 have had almost five years to wait, as well as the fact they've influenced Drake, James Blake, London Grammar etc. and the popularity of Jamie's solo stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm really enjoying the new album.  A shame they don't seem to be playing Replica.  Unlike the Radiohead thread there's no guessing about what songs they'll play.  Just look at their recent setlists - all almost identical.

Yeah with them subbing Radiohead at Coachella I think we can safely say that's almost exactly what they'll play at Glastonbury too. 

Seeing them at Primavera so could well end up giving them a miss at Glastonbury, or maybe just turn up for the last few songs to get that sweet sweet Radiohead spot.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, gmb1992 said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned but has anyone else noticed on Spotify it's got them as playing Worthy Farm at 8pm on Wednesday 21st June? ;)

a Williams green slot on Wednesday would be rather dangerous. I doubt that would happen??