The XX

gmb1992

Think headling Other on the Sunday was perfect for em last time. Absolutely loved that gig, saw em again last week and just brilliant. Hard to see where else they could fit really, didn't realise how big they've got. I love them, but think for their sound, it could get lost on the Pyramid.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Is Neil's info definitely separate to the guy who posted here saying it? That never looked especially convincing to me.

don't think it is, nope ... i'm not 100% sure who you're referring to, but what i was told came from an efester, and who didn't want to give me further details which I have a way of checking out - so make of that what you will.

Just now, eFestivals said:

don't think it is, nope ... i'm not 100% sure who you're referring to, but what i was told came from an efester, and who didn't want to give me further details which I have a way of checking out - so make of that what you will.

A poster on here posted info of The xx, Margo Price and Mark Lanegan all being on the Park, although not sure if it's the same poster that sent you the info. Either way, the only way I can see The xx playing on the Park is an unbilled secret slot, and in this day and age of smartphones and leaked info even that seems foolish.

i haven't really followed this and I do doubt they're on the Park, but if they are could it be similar to the Brixton Night + Day stuff, where they curate the stage, then play?

I don't see why Glastonbury would want to give up a day's lineup for a band, but that's the only reason I can think of why they would want to headline that stage - but I still can't see it.

57 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

I'm hoping all this headlining Park stage thing is a miscommunication and what they meant is Jamie not the entire band. So, The XX to sub Pyramid on Friday. Jamie xx to Headline the Park on Saturday/Sunday. 

Sounds ideal 

They got Flo out last night? Fuck that would have been awesome. 

Hmm, they're certainly building their live shows into something special. It's making me less and less convinced they'll sub. Based on these last few gigs headlining the Other (with a guest vocalist or two and some Jamie bangers in the dark) seems like a more likely option. One I'm starting to come round to. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
Bangers in the dark? Fuck it, it's staying there

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

They got Flo out last night? Fuck that would have been awesome. 

Hmm, they're certainly building their live shows into something special. It's making me less and less convinced they'll sub. Based on these last few gigs headlining the Other (with a guest vocalist or two and some Jamie bangers in the dark) seems like a more likely option. One I'm starting to come round to. 

Really could go either way, and tbh I'll be seeing them at Primavera (in the dark) so if they did end up headlining Other it'd be one less headliner clash I'd have to worry about. Still think subbing Radiohead would be ace though, especially if it prevents Elbow from doing so, and especially as it means I'd get to get a lovely little spot up front (not that I wouldn't be doing that regardless - just be easier that way). Them being an Other headliner would certainly solve part of the mystery of who's gonna do it though, although personally I think if Alt-J are doing it (seems likely) then The xx aren't.

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Really could go either way, and tbh I'll be seeing them at Primavera (in the dark) so if they did end up headlining Other it'd be one less headliner clash I'd have to worry about. Still think subbing Radiohead would be ace though, especially if it prevents Elbow from doing so, and especially as it means I'd get to get a lovely little spot up front (not that I wouldn't be doing that regardless - just be easier that way). Them being an Other headliner would certainly solve part of the mystery of who's gonna do it though, although personally I think if Alt-J are doing it (seems likely) then The xx aren't.

The debate on the back of where they're placed on the first poster should keep us going for a couple of weeks :P

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

The debate on the back of where they're placed on the first poster should keep us going for a couple of weeks :P

Hopefully it'll be obvious with the subs being below the headliners centre of the poster (although they threw us off last year by leaving one out and it not being at all obvious who the three Other headliners were).

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hopefully it'll be obvious with the subs being below the headliners centre of the poster (although they threw us off last year by leaving one out and it not being at all obvious who the three Other headliners were).

I do wonder if it's one of the situations that Neil has alluded to before when the fest itself are still a bit undecided as to where to place them even this late into the proceedings 

21 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Any idea what the venue is like? I'm guessing it's outdoors but I've never been to the normal SWG3 venue nevermind this bit. 

Been to SWG3 a few times, imagine it will be outside because they'll fit more people there, inside isn't really that big, especially for an act of their size. 

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Been to SWG3 a few times, imagine it will be outside because they'll fit more people there, inside isn't really that big, especially for an act of their size. 

Ah right, that's what I'd figured but wasn't too sure. Undecided whether to go or not as I'm seeing them at Primavera and hopefully Glastonbury anyway but equally it's the day before my 21st so I'm quite tempted.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Ah right, that's what I'd figured but wasn't too sure. Undecided whether to go or not as I'm seeing them at Primavera and hopefully Glastonbury anyway but equally it's the day before my 21st so I'm quite tempted.

Go and see them at their own gig as it's really good and be totally different atmosphere from a festival 

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Any idea what the venue is like? I'm guessing it's outdoors but I've never been to the normal SWG3 venue nevermind this bit. 

It's being used for the first time for Optimo 20 at the start of August. It's a large open yard space round the back of Swg3, I think it should be good 

32 minutes ago, willsnewman said:

The outside shed/yard thing is pretty huge, reckon you could squeeze a fair number in there. 

Yeah it's definitely not small. For anyone wondering what the space is, it's in the right hand side just after the flats before you get to Swg3 it looks on to the back of Swg3 and the flats. I'm interested how the stage set up will work but I'm sure it'll be fine