Elbow

MilkyJoe

I'm still disappointed that the weather was so poor last year that it really put me off the long walk down to The Park on the sunday evening to go see Guy, if i wasn't so wrecked from wading through the mud the rest of the time i'd have been there, instead i stayed at the Pyramid to watch Beck who was decent but all the time i knew i'd have preferred to be at The Park. I still have good memories of Elbow and Guy in particular- at T in the Park in 2014 playing to about 500 people whilst everyone else was at Calvin Harris in the pouring rain singing the most ironic version of "One day like this" Guy still managed to bring a smile to my face. Top bloke.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elbow ain't gonna headline Other against Radiohead. They're either gonna sub them (plz no) or sub Other (probably unlikely given I imagine the Other headliner vs. Radiohead will be quite pop/dancey and Elbow would be a weird warm up for that). Reckon they'll either be giving this year a miss, or opening Other (like somebody mentioned earlier). 

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Reckon they'll either be giving this year a miss, or opening Other (like somebody mentioned earlier). 

They're in Ireland on the weds then free til the sat. I think that's a nice little farm-sized hole in their schedule for a performance on the Friday somewhere. 

2 hours ago, Queen said:

I just walk down the street and see Guy at the pub, or the keyboardist at Tesco Prestwich. I probably won't be walking a mile to see them at a festival.

Guy used to hang out in the Temple of Convenience in Manchester loads a few years ago, bummed a fag off him on more than one occastion, dunno if he still does. Heard somewhere that the Temple was the "hole in my neighbourhood".

1 hour ago, Ged Devereux said:

Really like the singles they've released so far from the new album, looking forward to giving it a listen later. Could they headline park on the Friday? Emily mentioned about The park's 10th Birthday, could we expect bigger acts than usual?

I'd be surprised if they're not third down on the Pyramid in all honesty. The new album is a good un' a bit of a return to form after the last couple. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

:D:D

I've never seen anyone enter a dial in code like that before.

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "Im taking a call on the blower!"

Edited by semmtexx

I could understand them not playing the festival this year, if it wasn't a fallow year next year. Given the 'friends of the farm' status Guy/they have it seems less likely than I would expect, despite the only one day chance they have now.

As for opening the Other stage ... just cannot see it, they are a sunset/evening band. I cant see why they wouldn't sub, but it has become a cliche spot for them, so maybe The Park would be cool. Guy solo was great up there last year.

12 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

As for opening the Other stage ... just cannot see it, they are a sunset/evening ban I cant see why they wouldn't sub, but it has become a cliche spot for them, so maybe The Park would be cool. Guy solo was great up there last year.

Park headliners are considerably smaller than Pyramid subs, so even though Emily has promised big things for the ten year anniversary, Elbow headlining is surely out of the question. If they're gonna headline a smaller stage then surely JP is more likely what with it getting an upgrade last year

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Guy used to hang out in the Temple of Convenience in Manchester loads a few years ago, bummed a fag off him on more than one occastion, dunno if he still does. Heard somewhere that the Temple was the "hole in my neighbourhood".

No I didn't old son..... 

Hang on, are elbow rumoured? I loved them in 2014 and 2011!! Forgive my lack of technical knowledge but I have no idea of how to get onto the line up/rumoured page in efestivals. May someone direct me? Thanx. Was it 2015 we had a sing along at the stone circle to one day like this?? Fab moment 

7 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Hang on, are elbow rumoured? I loved them in 2014 and 2011!! Forgive my lack of technical knowledge but I have no idea of how to get onto the line up/rumoured page in efestivals. May someone direct me? Thanx. Was it 2015 we had a sing along at the stone circle to one day like this?? Fab moment 

Go to the tabs at the top of the page:

Festivals > Lineups/Rumours > Glastonbury Festival 2017

Or this link: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/lineups.php