Elbow

MilkyJoe

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd much rather see The xx in the pre-Radiohead slot. Radiohead are already a bit of a safe headliner, so you may as well put something a bit newer before them. Elbow in to Radiohead just seems really dry for non-fans.

Can't seem to send Neil a PM, but a mate of mine and @The Nal had a pint with GG after one of their Dublin gigs last week.

Asked him were they playing, to which Guy responded "We usually play the Marquee as a warm up for Glasto apparently..." with a coy look. Mate said nothing definitive but the look said "YEP."

1 hour ago, ClementsMike said:

Elbow have got a Jo Whiley 'thing' on her show tomorrow evening, I recall on the last album pr campaign, it was on the same show that they as good as confirmed they were playing. So, they may clarify tomorrow?

Good spot.

I won't be listening live but that'll give me something for be walk to work on Wednesday morning!

I'm utterly convinced (highly hoping) they'll be at the festival in the Friday evening slot.

31 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Can't seem to send Neil a PM, but a mate of mine and @The Nal had a pint with GG after one of their Dublin gigs last week.

Asked him were they playing, to which Guy responded "We usually play the Marquee as a warm up for Glasto apparently..." with a coy look. Mate said nothing definitive but the look said "YEP."

:D

57 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

32 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

That's entirely based on wether you like them or not. Elbow into radiohead would be great in my opinion

I like Elbow but 3 times subbing since 2011 would be taking the piss, let someone else have a crack. 

The XX into Radiohead is the dream my friend 

51 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

I'd be happy with Elbow into The XX into Radiohead. Delighted, in fact

I'm a fan of the latter two but surely that falls too far in to an evening of bedwetting to actually happen. Need something with a bit more bollocks before we all settle down for a nice cry.

I personally think they'll be the Friday evening slot on the pyramid.

In regards to James opening the other stage last year am I right in thinking they announced themselves as doing that slot or did we not know until the festival released the day/times?

Just trying to reassure myself that IF elbow aren't on the first lineup drop there's still the potential they'll be there...

They're pushing it having them sub again but I'm not complaining as I've never seen them at Glasto. They've done Friday the past two times, surely mix it up a little even if it's just a change of day, I know they can't because of their forest shows but that could have been avoided if they'd know early enough! 

Looking forward to seeing them again in Manchester next week, really like a couple off the new album and the shows so far have had good reviews

I'd love to see them headline John Peel or The park