Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It was where you could see Robert plant jack white pixies and mogwai all follow each other. 

So it was you following me that night then? Even better ,you could sneak away from the end of the Pixies to catch most of John Grant before Mogwai. Fantastic night. 

28 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Kasabian were great *ducks

Agreed - favourite set of the weekend! And I'm a big Arcade Fire fan.

Jon Hopkins-Mogwai combo on the Sat was great too, considering I didn't know much by either act.

24 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

The Wailers were a bit dull and the crowd was dead, then Bonobo's sound went iffy, then Disclosure failed to bring the bangers. Not the best night I've ever had at a festival.

That's weird, because the crowd was great where we were for The Wailers. A real party atmosphere!

14 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

The 1975 have always been shit, and it's got the worst album title ever, I thought somebody was having a fucking laugh when I walked into Piccadilly Records the other day and it was right there in the good new albums POS. Even if it's the best album ever made by a person I wont listen to it, but I bet it's appalling.

In defense of the 1975... *ducks*

I want to hate everything about the 1975, from their pretentious prick lead singer to their awful album titles... but I can't deny how good songs like 'The sound' (which interestingly he refers to himself as a douche bag in) and 'Chocolate' are.

I saw them early on other one day a couple of years ago for want of something better to do (I think we were having lunch) and they were "alright" live.

On 2/19/2016 at 2:33 PM, Keithy said:

Hahahaha, nothing concrete but 99% sure. You'll forgive me for not exactly getting excited.

I've honestly never met any fans quite like Stone Roses fans. I'm never sure if they are just trolling but come on, you can't be saying 99% certain and then not offering a shred of evidence other than 'new music is on the way, that's all I will say'

By the same token, Slade are subbing Coldplay at Glastonbury. 99% certain of it.

On 2/26/2016 at 3:47 PM, EamerRed said:

Well I know for a fact something is coming in March, and rumours pretty much everywhere suggest a single is coming 4th March (though I've not heard this personally). Still can't see them playing Glasto though.

Not coming to gloat or anything, but watch this space for today ;)

7 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

In defense of the 1975... *ducks*

I want to hate everything about the 1975, from their pretentious prick lead singer to their awful album titles... but I can't deny how good songs like 'The sound' (which interestingly he refers to himself as a douche bag in) and 'Chocolate' are.

I saw them early on other one day a couple of years ago for want of something better to do (I think we were having lunch) and they were "alright" live.

on the other end of the spectrum, i watched them on the Pyramid in 2014 to get a space for Dolly with the worst hangover of my life and they were shite. never have i been so miserable and in pain at a festival

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

on the other end of the spectrum, i watched them on the Pyramid in 2014 to get a space for Dolly with the worst hangover of my life and they were shite. never have i been so miserable and in pain at a festival

That wasn't representative though. I don't know what happened that day but of the five times I've seen them that was by a distance the worst. Even worse than their Thursday night slot in Williams Green where they stopped the show to rant at some tit throwing a bottle at Matty.

12 minutes ago, westwardhoboy said:

the journo that tweeted the other day hinting at today for a new release recanted it yesterday didn't he?
either way I don't care - I just want the Roses to put something new out. They've been milking TSR and TSC for far too long now.....

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm more interested to hear this new Roses material than any other reformation act material, and i'm not even that big of a fan. i just can't imagine what a modern day Roses is gonna sound like. it's gonna be fucking shite

As a huge Roses fan, I am slightly worried. I don't see how it can be anywhere near as good as that first album in all honesty.

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They were awful, their album title is awful, their frontman is awful.