Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Beiber's new "trendy" sound is rubbs tho, he wants to learn a thing or two about bangers from his mate Carly Rae Jepsen.

His album Believe was better than his latest. Full of pop bangers. But I like the new one too.

I'm sure my opinion is rendered worthless by my views on Bieber. But I'm a big fat no on The 1975.

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Has the eFests poptimism committee ruled on the new 1975 album yet? It's getting good reviews. I wanna listen, but I need a green light!

I don't think I've seen anyone mention it on here actually but I think it's good, albeit maybe not quite as good as some of the reviews I've read. At 17 songs it's a bit long and could definitely do with 3 or 4 songs being cut from it but on the whole I like it.

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I don't think I've seen anyone mention it on here actually but I think it's good, albeit maybe not quite as good as some of the reviews I've read. At 17 songs it's a bit long and could definitely do with 3 or 4 songs being cut from it but on the whole I like it.

But they're not allowed to make a good album. We hate them, right?

48 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Has the eFests poptimism committee ruled on the new 1975 album yet? It's getting good reviews. I wanna listen, but I need a green light!

The 1975 have always been shit, and it's got the worst album title ever, I thought somebody was having a fucking laugh when I walked into Piccadilly Records the other day and it was right there in the good new albums POS. Even if it's the best album ever made by a person I wont listen to it, but I bet it's appalling.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah, sorry, don't know what I was thinking. Back on the anti-The 1975 team.

I saw them a couple of years ago when they were first starting out. There seemed to be a noticeable difference between the songs they wanted to play, and the ones the record company had clearly told them to write if they wanted to have a hit.

1 minute ago, DJ Cull said:

I saw them a couple of years ago when they were first starting out. There seemed to be a noticeable difference between the songs they wanted to play, and the ones the record company had clearly told them to write if they wanted to have a hit.

Yeah I get what you mean. Some of their best songs are the more sort of dream pop stuff from the early EPs which never made it onto the first album, although to be fair to them they included a few on the new one.

Accidently saw them perform a couple of their songs at Longitude a few years ago. Couldn't get away fast enough to go see parquet courts instead I think. The singer is an insufferable bell end. So will be giving their album a big fat swerve. 

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Accidently saw them perform a couple of their songs at Longitude a few years ago. Couldn't get away fast enough to go see parquet courts instead I think. The singer is an insufferable bell end. So will be giving their album a big fat swerve. 

The Insufferable Bell End Swerve is Glastonbury 2016's new dance routine, following on from the Lionel Richie one.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Yer the reviews seem a bit cray. Comparisons to Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Bon Iver, Mogwai, Kate Bush, M83, Brian Eno, Scritti Politti... They do mostly boil down to what you said about being too long and obviously that's a complaint for real albums more than this 1975 nonsense! I'll probably try and get around to listening to it this weekend but it does look long for an experiment, which is why I wanted opinions first. :P

30 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Can someone not start a 1975 thread so they can fuck off out of polluting this one?

Yes. I can not.

Top 10 words from the new 1975 album title anyone?

26 minutes ago, Woffy said:

The Insufferable Bell End Swerve is Glastonbury 2016's new dance routine, following on from the Lionel Richie one.

Funnily enough, I did that dance while Lionel Richie was on and that's why I was elsewhere.

34 minutes ago, milpool said:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this...

56d8c1e496ecf_ScreenShot2016-03-03at22.5

(May or may not have created an account just to post this. I will now return to my usual silent self).

Well either Latitude are playing fast and loose with the meaning of the word "exclusively" or the Other Stage Saturday Headliner slot just blew wide open...

Edited by JoBalls