Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

Well either Latitude are playing fast and loose with the meaning of the word "exclusively" or the Other Stage Saturday Headliner slot just blew wide open...

I feel like for some reason festivals don't count glasto when coming up with exclusivity marketing. So many examples from previous years, courtney barnett, flying lotus, etc

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Has the eFests poptimism committee ruled on the new 1975 album yet? It's getting good reviews. I wanna listen, but I need a green light!

The production's sick. The songwriting was better on the debut although it does have its moments, like 'The Ballad Of Me And My Brain' is lolz and 'Love Me' is brilliantly cynical by pop music standards. I'm on the fence about it at the moment because there's a song about religion which almost sounds pro-religion despite him being a massive atheist and it's really confusing and overshadows the whole of the rest of the record. Also there's loads of moments which make really obvious reference to songs on the debut, if someone wasn't a massive fan they might not pick up on them enough to find them as grating as I do but still.

5 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

I feel like for some reason festivals don't count glasto when coming up with exclusivity marketing. So many examples from previous years, courtney barnett, flying lotus, etc

Chances are this, I doubt people wanting to go Latitude will be put off by going Glastonbury as well and if you want to see them and don't have a ticket chances are very small.

I was reading lots of Twitter comments about Latitude last night and they made me giggle - loads of people saying the Latitude Headliners were better than GF and that they may not bother paying for GF tickets......

and yet the Latitude Headlines would be Other Headliners at best at GF. I really do wonder sometimes about people.

43 minutes ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

I was reading lots of Twitter comments about Latitude last night and they made me giggle - loads of people saying the Latitude Headliners were better than GF and that they may not bother paying for GF tickets......

and yet the Latitude Headlines would be Other Headliners at best at GF. I really do wonder sometimes about people.

Yes, how bizarre. Don't they know how much better Coldplay and Muse are than their puny medium-sized festival headliners?!

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yes, how bizarre. Don't they know how much better Coldplay and Muse are than their puny medium-sized festival headliners?!

6 minutes ago, Untz said:

And I have no idea who the Latitude headliners are, but they can't be much worse than Museplay.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

New Order and The National vs Coldplay & Muse.......?

I'd watch both of New Order and the National.

Neither of Muse / Coldplay

My point was not about who might be best (I doubt if I will see any Pyramid headliners) just that they are whinging and suggesting that Latitude is better when GF has such people playing Other.......... and the Maccabees are another Latitude Headliner!!?!?

We all know that Glastonbury is the best festival in terms of the overall experience it has to offer (hence why many of us would go regardless of the line-up), but I can certainly understand what people are saying about Latitude. When we're faced with Muse, Adele and Coldplay (and BMTH as one alternative), it's easy to see how this year's line-up could pale in comparison.

4 minutes ago, LeeGalvin said:

We all know that Glastonbury is the best festival in terms of the overall experience it has to offer (hence why many of us would go regardless of the line-up), but I can certainly understand what people are saying about Latitude. When we're faced with Muse, Adele and Coldplay (and BMTH as one alternative), it's easy to see how this year's line-up could pale in comparison.

You have to be kidding, Lee!

I will confess to being almost completely an undercard man, since my taste in music rarely finds me interested in headliners at 'big' festivals. 

But, The National aside, and on the basis that New Order are nailed on for Other, that initial Latitude undercard is incredibly dull and unexciting. Whereas, given the way that the other festivals' line-ups have panned out so far, I am worried that this GF will be my worst ever festival for clashes. It could be a stellar line-up below Pyramid headliners...

Ben

11 hours ago, DJ Cull said:

I saw them a couple of years ago when they were first starting out. There seemed to be a noticeable difference between the songs they wanted to play, and the ones the record company had clearly told them to write if they wanted to have a hit.

Lostmyhead is actually pretty good on the new album. Seems like they are trying to move away from the bubblegum indie of Sex and Chocolate. 

59 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

You have to be kidding, Lee!

I will confess to being almost completely an undercard man, since my taste in music rarely finds me interested in headliners at 'big' festivals. 

But, The National aside, and on the basis that New Order are nailed on for Other, that initial Latitude undercard is incredibly dull and unexciting. Whereas, given the way that the other festivals' line-ups have panned out so far, I am worried that this GF will be my worst ever festival for clashes. It could be a stellar line-up below Pyramid headliners...

Ben

I think I must have been having a funny 5 minutes, mixing up my festivals. I had Radiohead and LCD in my head when I wrote that. Just looked, and you're right... it really is only The National aside. What bloody festival was I thinking of?

Anyway, I'm not retracting my statement about the disappointing Pyramid headliners, nor will I about Glastonbury being by far the best festival around regardless.

2 hours ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

Don't do anything that might discourage such people from letting their tickets go into the resale. Plenty of worthy takers for those.

19 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It was where you could see Robert plant jack white pixies and mogwai all follow each other. 

And the Manics, Royal Blood, John Grant, Wolf Alice, Dexys, Midlake, Emiliana Torrini, Goldfrapp, Metallica.....

I'm surprised there wasn't a mass walk out to be honest. People cutting off wristbands and pissing in the streams in protest.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though the Sunday night *was* awful.

aye probably my first time at Glastonbury going to see a headliner 'just to see somebody' rather than really wanting to see somebody, made worse by making the total wrong decision. Disclosure were so shite

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Disclosure went off like a damp party popper.

We finally found a bit of a knees up at the Peatbog Faeries, but by the time we got there it was almost all over and done with.

I did Yoko, Black Keys, Alison Moyet and Massive Attack. Mates went to the Beatbog Faeries and said it was great yeah.

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

And the Manics, Royal Blood, John Grant, Wolf Alice, Dexys, Midlake, Emiliana Torrini, Goldfrapp, Metallica.....

I'm surprised there wasn't a mass walk out to be honest. People cutting off wristbands and pissing in the streams in protest.

I had to watch Jon Hopkins at the Glade, it was bloody awful.

(in defence of whoever started this, the main stages were total w*nk that night)